Ainsley Collar v. Forward Point Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.

Which type of collar do you prefer?

Ainsley Collar
75%
Forward Point (Traditional)
25%
Other
No votes

Total votes: 8

AVBucks4239

Silver

Ainsley Collar v. Forward Point

Post by AVBucks4239 » Fri Feb 03, 2012 1:43 am

I'm new to the Brooks Brothers scene (ordering my suits from the essentials tomorrow, very excited). They have all these different collars, and I really don't know which ones to pull the trigger on.

I'm wondering if this is a matter of preference, or whether a certain type of collar is appropriate for certain jobs. I definitely think the Ainsley looks classier, but is it over the top for non big-law type jobs?

If I'm over-thinking this, just tell me. But I've consulted the suits "megathread" (including reading Puffer's awesome post) and can't find anything specifically addressing the type of collar.

gp86

New

Re: Ainsley Collar v. Forward Point

Post by gp86 » Fri Feb 03, 2012 3:44 am

G. T. L. Rev. wrote:Ainsley and it is not close.
Not at all. The forward point is the most traditional collar; the Ainsley (or spread, I guess) is more modern, trendy look. There's nothing wrong with going with the spread, but it's as far in collar width as you should go;if you want to play it safe (as in, correctly), go with the forward point.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”