Los Angeles District Attorney Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Re: Los Angeles District Attorney

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Nov 17, 2014 2:44 pm

Anybody else out there still receive no call, email, or any other type of communication from the office? Are we to assume that there will be no more offers for the January class? If so, does anybody know when we might hear from the office regarding future classes?
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Looks like more offers are going out from the January class. I received a call from Jackie Lacey this morning with an offer of employment. Good luck everyone!
Yes. Me too.

Good luck to you all.
I know the stressful feelings are horrible.

I hear the full total of hirings will be 70-80.
Many calls to come over the next year.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu May 14, 2015 2:12 pm

There was another round of hiring. Calls were made in April and the class will start in Sept. 2015. Word on the street is there will be one more class from the current list. Presumably starting in Jan. 2016. And they will reopen the hiring process in Dec. 2015.

RaleighStClair

Bronze

Post by RaleighStClair » Mon May 25, 2015 1:10 pm

Anonymous User wrote:There was another round of hiring. Calls were made in April and the class will start in Sept. 2015. Word on the street is there will be one more class from the current list. Presumably starting in Jan. 2016. And they will reopen the hiring process in Dec. 2015.
I'm not very knowledgeable about the County's hiring practices, but I may be moving down there from the Pacific Northwest, where I've had substantial prosecution internship experience. Is this for post-bar people?

mrbakinsoda

New

Post by mrbakinsoda » Mon Mar 07, 2016 2:08 pm

I know this is an old thread but I hope someone reads this and can help me out.

I interviewed in Jan 2016. I received my score this past weekend and I was placed in band 2. I missed band 1 by .5% :evil: :cry: :cry: :oops: . The letter says that I am being placed in some "eligibility list" for one year. Does anyone know what that is the purpose of the eligibility list? I called Human Resources and all I was told was that if I did not place in the top two bands (V or 1) that I will have to re-apply and re-interview next time they are hiring.

Thanks

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Mar 07, 2016 2:55 pm

In theory it's a list of eligible candidates, from which the department can use to fill the positions of Deputy DA, ranked in order of score and eligibilit. So you could be selected to interview for the next round off the list, so long as they exhausted all of the people on Bands V and 1 eligibility lists. Those lists probably have hundreds of candidates on them and they're only hiring 20-40 this class; as the HR department told you, you're not getting hired this time around.

You should make an appointment to check your score, see where you went wrong, then re-apply. Good luck!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

mrbakinsoda

New

Post by mrbakinsoda » Mon Mar 07, 2016 3:07 pm

That makes sense. Thank you!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Apr 11, 2016 4:54 pm

Has anyone heard anything about round 3 interview, with LADA, this go-around? The FAQ's sheet says that offers will be made in April/May 2016. Does this mean that people have already been selected for round 3 interviews and this phase is done; or that round 3 will be coming up shortly, followed by offers?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed May 18, 2016 1:55 pm

Anyone in the most recent round of applications get hired or waiting to hear back? I heard the dept. just selected the first 2016 class which starts in June; but that there will be at least 2 subsequent classes. Any word?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue May 24, 2016 11:32 am

I'm still waiting to hear back. Do you know what kind of notification those likely to be hired in subsequent classes receive? Like, do they give you a ranking or any indication that you'll likely be hired later?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu May 26, 2016 4:01 pm

Second class starting in September also went out. Rumor is there will be a third class before end of the year. No notification until you are actually picked up.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu May 26, 2016 5:13 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Second class starting in September also went out. Rumor is there will be a third class before end of the year. No notification until you are actually picked up.
Source?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri May 27, 2016 12:00 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Second class starting in September also went out. Rumor is there will be a third class before end of the year. No notification until you are actually picked up.
Source?
Know someone who got an offer sometime last week. And yes, that is for the second class because the first class starts in June, not September.

If anyone finds out anymore info about the logistics of the classes, please post.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Jul 23, 2016 5:01 pm

Update time. Anyone know if we can expect any more classes to be filled with the recent applicant cycle? Did everyone who did a 3rd round interview either get the "you're hired" call or hear nothing at all?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Jul 28, 2016 5:48 pm

Classes for August and November have gone out already. I think they are done for the remainder of this year, but who knows.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”