Question regarding thank you note Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
A12345

Bronze

Question regarding thank you note

Post by A12345 » Thu Jan 05, 2012 8:48 pm

I interviewed with a federal district judge for a summer internship position today. At the end of the interview he offered me the job, which I obviously accepted. I know you normally send a thank you note when they are still considering, but do you send one when they offer on the spot and you accept? Thanks for the help.

Richie Tenenbaum

Gold

Re: Question regarding thank you note

Post by Richie Tenenbaum » Thu Jan 05, 2012 8:50 pm

A12345 wrote:I interviewed with a federal district judge for a summer internship position today. At the end of the interview he offered me the job, which I obviously accepted. I know you normally send a thank you note when they are still considering, but do you send one when they offer on the spot and you accept? Thanks for the help.
No.

Anonymous User

Re: Question regarding thank you note

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:07 pm

I did. Today, too. Weird. My main reason for doing so was because the judge seemed like the type of person who would appreciate a thank you note. Can't hurt to send a thank you note (assuming you don't misspell a word or something).

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”