Need some advice on reply Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Need some advice on reply

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Nov 02, 2011 9:57 pm

edit
Last edited by Anonymous User on Thu Nov 03, 2011 1:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

kaiser

Gold

Re: Need some advice on reply

Post by kaiser » Wed Nov 02, 2011 10:00 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Hey y'all, I just needed some advice on how to reply to an email a hiring partner just sent me. Basically it's my last cb pending and the hiring partner just asked me to tell him about my status and interest in the job. How should i approach this? I want him to know I want (would take) the job, but don't want to seem desperate.

Thanks in advance
Just tell him you are very interested in the position, reaffirm your enthusiasm for it, etc. and thank him for getting in touch with you. I'm sure you are old enough to know how to tactfully word this email without help from any of us. If it comes off as desperate, then use your discretion.

sebastian0622

Bronze

Post by sebastian0622 » Wed Nov 02, 2011 10:09 pm

I always hate getting emails about this stuff. I'd much prefer a phone call. Last time I had a phone call along these lines, I was able to say that I didn't see myself NOT accepting the offer if extended. It just flowed naturally in the conversation, and I don't think it came across as either desperate or manipulative. They offered a couple days later. But you really couldn't say something like that in an email without it coming across as awkward.

Just tell him you're still very interested in the position. If you really feel like it, you could tell him that you would plan to accept the position if offered. At this point in the game, I don't know if it will matter if you seem a bit desperate. If they like you, they like you. If anything it would be good news to know they wouldn't have to wait for you to decide between them and two other offers or something.

Lawyers are pretty cocky. They're unlikely to second-guess their hiring decision or think you're damaged goods just because you don't have other offers.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Nov 03, 2011 1:01 am

Thanks guys for your help it was much appreciated

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”