What's Left? 3L Employment / Entry-Level Employment Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

What's Left? 3L Employment / Entry-Level Employment

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Oct 22, 2011 2:26 pm

OK - I am friggin' desperate at this point. Who can help? Please list any and all 3L positions you have heard of or if you know of firms still hiring.

I'll start - Morgan Lewis - entry level litigation NY - listed on my schools symplicity - T25..

prezidentv8

Gold

Re: What's Left? 3L Employment / Entry-Level Employment

Post by prezidentv8 » Sat Oct 22, 2011 2:35 pm

Can't tell you much about firm hiring at this point, but the government type stuff looks like it's starting to get going. HUD, DOT, JAG, PMF, SFPD, FDA, and everything else that you can recognize by looking at 3-4 letters.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Oct 22, 2011 2:51 pm

prezidentv8 wrote:Can't tell you much about firm hiring at this point, but the government type stuff looks like it's starting to get going. HUD, DOT, JAG, PMF, SFPD, FDA, and everything else that you can recognize by looking at 3-4 letters.
There is def stuff still out there as people surely have accepted clerkships or are finalizing their decision process for the places they summered at.. recently heard that STB was still hiring 3L's as of a few weeks ago.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Oct 23, 2011 9:38 am

Anonymous User wrote:I'll start - Morgan Lewis - entry level litigation NY - listed on my schools symplicity - T25..
This is entry-level, but entry is required now. They're looking for current graduates.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Oct 23, 2011 9:54 am

Anonymous User wrote:
prezidentv8 wrote:Can't tell you much about firm hiring at this point, but the government type stuff looks like it's starting to get going. HUD, DOT, JAG, PMF, SFPD, FDA, and everything else that you can recognize by looking at 3-4 letters.
There is def stuff still out there as people surely have accepted clerkships or are finalizing their decision process for the places they summered at.. recently heard that STB was still hiring 3L's as of a few weeks ago.
Any idea what the cutoffs would be though? Getting a spot at STB would probably be absurdly hard. Similarly, DPW is doing resume collects for 3Ls at my school, but actually getting that...that's gotta be rough.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Oct 23, 2011 10:21 am

Yeah I think STB is a crapshoot unless you are HYSC. I interviewed there from a T25 top ten Secondary jrnl. Published. Thought all interviews went really well only to get dinged. Oh well. I think DPW is a real challenge just to get passed the 22 yr old English majors who monitor the resumes coming in.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Oct 23, 2011 1:17 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Any idea what the cutoffs would be though? Getting a spot at STB would probably be absurdly hard. Similarly, DPW is doing resume collects for 3Ls at my school, but actually getting that...that's gotta be rough.
They're also mainly looking for people who worked at a firm 2L and for some reason are looking to change (practice group preference, spouse moving, etc.) They want someone who they know is competent enough that another firm will give them an offer.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Oct 23, 2011 9:47 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
They're also mainly looking for people who worked at a firm 2L and for some reason are looking to change (practice group preference, spouse moving, etc.) They want someone who they know is competent enough that another firm will give them an offer.
Funny you mention that - those were my exact circumstances..

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:40 am

Bump... any new Symplicity updates?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Oct 27, 2011 11:54 pm

I am also interested in this. Does anyone know of firms still interviewing 3L's?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Nov 01, 2011 6:54 pm

T25 student here no job - anyone know about any openings in NY for 3Ls? I mass mailed but havent heard much yet

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Nov 03, 2011 11:29 am

Willkie is looking..

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Nov 03, 2011 12:09 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Willkie is looking..
Wow, they rejected me two weeks ago.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Nov 03, 2011 12:12 pm

I too was recently rejected.. I guess the fact that they just lost 35 lawyers to Bloomberg didnt create any openings..

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Nov 03, 2011 12:42 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I too was recently rejected.. I guess the fact that they just lost 35 lawyers to Bloomberg didnt create any openings..
I thought the interview went well but apparently I didn't meet the cutoff and now they are looking for more people. Wonder why they called me back if they were just going to reject me. They had to have known about the Bloomberg move way in advance.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Nov 03, 2011 1:12 pm

No clue - I had a similar experience with a V5 - everything really couldnt have gone better then got the letter - im 100% sure it was a grade issue - why bring someone in if they dont meet the cutoff???

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Nov 03, 2011 2:06 pm

I also had a Willkie 3L callback, and got rejected. But I had 10% grades from CCN, so I doubt it was grades. I thought they decided against taking 3Ls. But I guess they did not like me.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Nov 03, 2011 4:00 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I also had a Willkie 3L callback, and got rejected. But I had 10% grades from CCN, so I doubt it was grades. I thought they decided against taking 3Ls. But I guess they did not like me.
I assumed firms would simply keep going down the list of callback candidates until they had filled their hiring needs. My interview couldn't have been that bad to make them ding me outright and go after completely new candidates.
Last edited by Anonymous User on Thu Nov 03, 2011 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ggocat

Gold

Post by ggocat » Thu Nov 03, 2011 4:01 pm

Some Texas appellate courts appear to be hiring.
1. Supreme Court: http://www.supreme.courts.state.tx.us/j ... oyment.asp
2. First Court of Appeals (Houston): http://www.1stcoa.courts.state.tx.us/jo ... oyment.asp
3. Fourteenth Court of Appeals (Houston): http://www.14thcoa.courts.state.tx.us/j ... oyment.asp

New Jersey courts appear to be hiring, as well:
http://www.judiciary.state.nj.us/lawclerks/index.htm

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Nov 04, 2011 9:00 am

What practice area are they hiring for at Willkie?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Nov 08, 2011 7:35 pm

corporate I believe. and BUMP in the event anyone has anything to add.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Nov 12, 2011 5:41 pm

BUMP.. ANy news people?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Sep 22, 2013 9:19 pm

Bump for the 2013-2014 cycle.

ggocat

Gold

Post by ggocat » Mon Sep 23, 2013 6:55 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Bump for the 2013-2014 cycle.
Perhaps create a new thread instead.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”