Blackberry Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Blackberry

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:42 am

Do firms usually provide SA's with blackberrys (including a cell phone line) ?

Anonymous User

Re: Blackberry

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Oct 14, 2011 1:04 am

Anonymous User wrote:Do firms usually provide SA's with blackberrys (including a cell phone line) ?
curious as well

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Oct 14, 2011 1:05 am

The people I know working NYC biglaw this summer had blackberrys provided to them.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Oct 14, 2011 1:08 am

You'll get a blackberry (or iphone for some firms), but for email only - it won't have phone service.

Sup Kid

Silver

Post by Sup Kid » Fri Oct 14, 2011 2:48 am

Anonymous User wrote:You'll get a blackberry (or iphone for some firms), but for email only - it won't have phone service.
Unclear why these all had to be anonymous, but yeah, most firms, including mine, gave SAs a blackberry without the ability to make or receive calls unless a partner wanted you to have those features, like if you were staffed on a time-sensitive case or deal.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

JusticeHarlan

Gold

Post by JusticeHarlan » Fri Oct 14, 2011 8:22 am

Which firms give out iPhones?

Big Shrimpin

Gold

Post by Big Shrimpin » Fri Oct 14, 2011 9:17 am

Sup Kid wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:You'll get a blackberry (or iphone for some firms), but for email only - it won't have phone service.
Unclear why these all had to be anonymous, but yeah, most firms, including mine, gave SAs a blackberry without the ability to make or receive calls unless a partner wanted you to have those features, like if you were staffed on a time-sensitive case or deal.
Same for me @ NYC firm. We had BBM group lists and communicated with each other that way. If it's not something you'd want a partner to read, use personal numbers. 8)

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”