"Please call us if you have *any* questions" Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
randomdandom

New

"Please call us if you have *any* questions"

Post by randomdandom » Thu Oct 13, 2011 4:41 pm

all the firms which have extended offers keep telling me (encouraging me even) that i should feel free to contact them with questions.

My primary concerns are benefits (medical and retirement) but I can't really figure out what I should be asking aside from that as most information is available online (e.g. work hours, lockstep vs. merit) and certain questions (e.g. stability of the firm, partnership prospects) which get canned responses that are absolutely useless.

Am I the only one who doesn't really have any question? What kind of questions did you ask that helped you make a decision?

Notor

Bronze

Re: "Please call us if you have *any* questions"

Post by Notor » Thu Oct 13, 2011 4:59 pm

If you are unsure of what to ask, maybe ask them what about their benefits do they think sets them apart from other firms. I had success with this because you learn a little more and it gives whoever you are talking to a chance to really promote the firm, which is win-win.

Big Shrimpin

Gold

Post by Big Shrimpin » Thu Oct 13, 2011 5:01 pm

randomdandom wrote:all the firms which have extended offers keep telling me (encouraging me even) that i should feel free to contact them with questions.

My primary concerns are benefits (medical and retirement) but I can't really figure out what I should be asking aside from that as most information is available online (e.g. work hours, lockstep vs. merit) and certain questions (e.g. stability of the firm, partnership prospects) which get canned responses that are absolutely useless.

Am I the only one who doesn't really have any question? What kind of questions did you ask that helped you make a decision?
Most big firms have similar benefits packages. I don't think I've ever heard of someone deciding on firms based upon their benefits packages. Fit, compensation, location, practice areas...but not benefits. If you're that concerned, just call.

randomdandom

New

Post by randomdandom » Thu Oct 13, 2011 6:48 pm

Allow me to clarify. The only questions that have popped into my head concern benefits and i got all the info I need on those.

what i meant was, what should I be asking about? what kind of questions did you guys and girls ask that you thought were helpful and did not elicit canned responses?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Oct 13, 2011 7:26 pm

I did not call and did not ask anything. HTH.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

randomdandom

New

Post by randomdandom » Thu Oct 13, 2011 9:50 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I did not call and did not ask anything. HTH.
Yes, absolutely helpful. I am not alone. I felt weird for not having any questions when like 10 people are telling me please please call if i have any.

Renzo

Gold

Post by Renzo » Thu Oct 13, 2011 9:54 pm

randomdandom wrote:all the firms which have extended offers keep telling me (encouraging me even) that i should feel free to contact them with questions.

I'm sorry. What they meant to say was, "don't call us if you don't have any questions."

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”