If you know any firm ANYWHERE that's still hiring, post ITT Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Re: If you know any firm ANYWHERE that's still hiring, post ITT

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Sep 29, 2013 2:52 pm

Baker Palo Alto is almost all IP lit, some corporate--maybe tech trans? They're taking 2L's too, and did screeners last week.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Sep 30, 2013 12:59 am

The Silicon Valley office of Alston & Bird is looking for IP Litigation and IP Patent Prosecution summer associates for 2014. An Electrical Engineering background is required.

CONTACT INFORMATION
Employer: Alston & Bird LLP (Los Angeles, CA)
Name: Anja Heidenreich
Title: Attorney Hiring Coordinator

The Charlotte Office of Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft LLP is seeking 3L candidates for its 2014 First Year Associate class. We look for students with strong academic performance, initiative, self-confidence, team orientation, enthusiasm and an interest in transactional law. Above all, Cadwalader rewards those who exemplify excellence, creativity, responsiveness, and unwavering client commitment.

CONTACT INFORMATION
Employer: Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft LLP (Charlotte, NC)
Name: Mrs. Molly W. Nielsen
Title: Manager of Attorney Development & Recruitment
Address: 227 West Trade Street
Suite 2400
Charlotte, NC
28202 United States

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:58 am

Has the Baker Botts in Palo Alto position been filled?

I applied over the weekend.

It was basically a sling and a prayer. I do not have strong ties to the area. I got to a T20, top 1/3.

Decent 1L SA experience, and a URM.

Don't know how far that gets me.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Sep 30, 2013 12:35 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Has the Baker Botts in Palo Alto position been filled?

It was basically a sling and a prayer. I do not have strong ties to the area. I got to a T20, top 1/3.

I'm the guy who originally posted about BB in PA. They wanted me to interview with them today (I declined), so I assume they're still looking.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Sep 30, 2013 12:51 pm

Anonymous User wrote:

I'm the guy who originally posted about BB in PA. They wanted me to interview with them today (I declined), so I assume they're still looking.
I'm sorry if you mentioned this, but do you have a hard science background?

I'm going to go ahead and assume you're a lot better credentialed than me.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:47 pm

Also, how long after did you apply were you contacted for an interview?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:49 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

No hard science background (BA in political science). As for my credentials, I was in the top 2% at a T50 and transferred to a T14. No LR (was not invited at old school and did not bother trying at new school).

I didn't apply directly. Apparently they received a copy of my resume through my school's career services office and liked it enough to give me a call.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:59 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

No hard science background (BA in political science). As for my credentials, I was in the top 2% at a T50 and transferred to a T14. No LR (was not invited at old school and did not bother trying at new school).

I didn't apply directly. Apparently they received a copy of my resume through my school's career services office and liked it enough to give me a call.
Do you have ties to PA?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Sep 30, 2013 2:01 pm

Not any of the previous posters, but I have strong ties to PA (aka I'm from there) and am above median at T10 and BB Palo Alto has no interest in interviewing me. So they must be looking for something pretty specific. I wouldn't characterize this as "everyone should mass mail them cause they're desperate for people."

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Sep 30, 2013 2:04 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Not any of the previous posters, but I have strong ties to PA (aka I'm from there) and am above median at T10 and BB Palo Alto has no interest in interviewing me. So they must be looking for something pretty specific. I wouldn't characterize this as "everyone should mass mail them cause they're desperate for people."
Well...everyone should still apply. Even if you're not what BB is looking for, it's better to apply and get dinged than to miss out on an opportunity. Any open position should be characterized as "everyone should massmail" if "everyone" = "people without job offers".

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Sep 30, 2013 2:05 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

You know I have heard from people that the career services office will reach out to certain people and tell them about opportunities.

That hasn't happened to me thus far this year.

I've met with my counselor, and expressly asked if any opportunities arise to inform me.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Sep 30, 2013 4:31 pm

Same guy who posted about BB in PA. I transferred into a school in the region (either Stanford or Berkeley) but have zero ties to the region. My 1L school was thousands of miles away.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Sep 30, 2013 4:39 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Not any of the previous posters, but I have strong ties to PA (aka I'm from there) and am above median at T10 and BB Palo Alto has no interest in interviewing me. So they must be looking for something pretty specific. I wouldn't characterize this as "everyone should mass mail them cause they're desperate for people."
If you've got nothing, you've got nothing to lose. I mass-mailed hundreds of firms after striking out at OCI and I've received hundreds of letters and emails dinging me. It's disheartening, but I'm going to let a firm be the one to tell me "no." In the end, I received an offer to join a V5 for the summer. I would have never dreamed I'd end up at such an amazing firm, but I applied anyway. Spend the two minutes to email them your information.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Sep 30, 2013 4:42 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
If you've got nothing, you've got nothing to lose. I mass-mailed hundreds of firms after striking out at OCI and I've received hundreds of letters and emails dinging me. It's disheartening, but I'm going to let a firm be the one to tell me "no." In the end, I received an offer to join a V5 for the summer. I would have never dreamed I'd end up at such an amazing firm, but I applied anyway. Spend the two minutes to email them your information.
Was that this year?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Sep 30, 2013 5:07 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Was that this year?
Yes.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Sep 30, 2013 5:12 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Was that this year?
Yes.
Congratulations man!

I am in a very situation. I have mass-mailed like crazy. Gotten countless dings.

But unlike you, I have not gotten much good news.

Pokemon

Gold

Post by Pokemon » Mon Sep 30, 2013 5:33 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Congratulations... now that is impressive. Hopefully this also quiets some of the "if you did not get a job, it is probably your fault" crowd at TLS. Btw, you are not the only one I hear of getting nothing but a V5 offer from firms.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Sep 30, 2013 7:00 pm

Pokemon wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Congratulations... now that is impressive. Hopefully this also quiets some of the "if you did not get a job, it is probably your fault" crowd at TLS. Btw, you are not the only one I hear of getting nothing but a V5 offer from firms.
Is it currently too late in the game to get an offer from a Vault firm?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Sep 30, 2013 7:20 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Pokemon wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Is it currently too late in the game to get an offer from a Vault firm?
I received the offer on Friday of last week.

oblig.lawl.ref

Bronze

Post by oblig.lawl.ref » Mon Sep 30, 2013 7:30 pm

I'm so jelly of that V5 offer. I've been getting all my bites from the V40-100 range and silence/rejections below that line. (ETA I probably have the grades for certain V5/10s) Congrats though.

I had a few callbacks at V100s last week though so things aren't all over. I've talked to several upperclasspeople who got offers in October.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:16 pm

oblig.lawl.ref wrote:(ETA I probably have the grades for certain V5/10s) Congrats though.
This is the difference. There is not a single V100 I haven't mailed, and i have above median grades, and nothing. Mass mailing doesn't work unless you're top thirdish.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:28 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
oblig.lawl.ref wrote:(ETA I probably have the grades for certain V5/10s) Congrats though.
This is the difference. There is not a single V100 I haven't mailed, and i have above median grades, and nothing. Mass mailing doesn't work unless you're top thirdish.
Well that's just plain untrue and lots of people get offers below median from MMing. But obviously people with top grades from top law schools do better.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:47 pm

I am also starting to lose hope on ever hearing from my mass-mailing.

I have been going at it for a few weeks now.

I go to a T20, top 35~, URM, and on a relatively prestigious secondary journal, and have heard nothing.

I'll keep on going at it though.

a male human

Gold

Post by a male human » Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:56 pm

Is URM supposed to help when looking for a job? Correct me if I'm wrong, but I heard it's only useful for admission to law school.

hoos89

Gold

Post by hoos89 » Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:35 pm

Last edited by hoos89 on Sun Apr 12, 2015 12:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”