What does this mean Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

What does this mean

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Oct 07, 2011 8:01 pm

So, last week I interviewed with a V100 firm in NYC and I forgot to ask the recruiting person when I would be hearing back, so I emailed her a few days ago and she told me that they would be touch "when the hiring partner is back in the office." Is this a good sign? I would think there would be no reason he would need to be there if they were going to ding me, since that is generally just a form letter.

MrKappus

Gold

Re: What does this mean

Post by MrKappus » Fri Oct 07, 2011 8:04 pm

Anonymous User wrote:So, last week I interviewed with a V100 firm in NYC and I forgot to ask the recruiting person when I would be hearing back, so I emailed her a few days ago and she told me that they would be touch "when the hiring partner is back in the office." Is this a good sign? I would think there would be no reason he would need to be there if they were going to ding me, since that is generally just a form letter.
On the other hand, your acceptance is just a phone call, which he could make (or direct someone to make) from anywhere. It just means your file hasn't been reviewed and/or decided on yet.

CanadianWolf

Diamond

Post by CanadianWolf » Fri Oct 07, 2011 8:04 pm

It's just following the chain of command.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Oct 14, 2011 4:22 pm

Just so you guys know, you were right. Since I have heard nothing I can only assume a ding letter is in the mail.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”