how big of a GPA drop is too big? Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

how big of a GPA drop is too big?

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Sep 24, 2011 5:59 pm

how big of a GPA drop is too big before firms decide to no-offer/cold-offer you after SA?
i have a high GPA that can drop pretty significantly with one B. freaks me out.

Anonymous User

Re: how big of a GPA drop is too big?

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Sep 24, 2011 6:02 pm

Anonymous User wrote:how big of a GPA drop is too big before firms decide to no-offer/cold-offer you after SA?
i have a high GPA that can drop pretty significantly with one B. freaks me out.
This is why I'm glad I am at median. It would be hard for me to go below a 3.0. Median FTW!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Sep 25, 2011 9:58 am

bump

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Sep 25, 2011 11:15 am

Very firm dependent. Some firms factor it in at smaller levels of drop than others (GDC). But, I've heard the majority don't care as long as its not egregious.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Sep 25, 2011 12:40 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Very firm dependent. Some firms factor it in at smaller levels of drop than others (GDC). But, I've heard the majority don't care as long as its not egregious.
Does anyone actually know for certain that GDC does this, or is this just TLS "conventional wisdom" that people keep repeating because they read it in another thread?

I ask because I was an SA at GDC this summer and saw/heard nothing about this alleged grade-consciousness people keep touting. The office I was in had a 100% offer rate, and I seriously doubt that absolutely no one had a grade drop.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Sep 25, 2011 12:52 pm

TBF I did for the most part hear about it through the TLS grapevine so take it with a grain of salt. I wouldn't be surprised if it is true. I know that they are very grade conscious. They also require law school transcripts to be a lateral and take grades into account at that stage.

Aberzombie1892

Gold

Post by Aberzombie1892 » Sun Sep 25, 2011 12:56 pm

From my experience, it appears as though most (if not all) of the NLJ250 take credentials into account when hiring laterals (re: T14ish or latin honors).

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”