Simpson v. Paul Weiss for lit Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Simpson v. Paul Weiss for lit

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Sep 18, 2011 4:53 pm

Loved the people at Simpson, but would be perfectly happy at PW. Everyone acts like PW should be a no-brainer given that I think I want to do lit, but I don't know if it's that cut and dry. PW's associate:partner ratio (leverage, I guess) is really high and I'm also a little worried about getting lost in the shuffle. Also, I'm starting to become really interested in antitrust the more I hear about it (both the transactional and litigation components), and apparently Simpson has a great antitrust practice.

Thoughts?
Last edited by Anonymous User on Mon Sep 19, 2011 11:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rayiner

Platinum

Re: Simpson (NY) v. Paul Weiss (NY+DC) for lit

Post by rayiner » Sun Sep 18, 2011 5:00 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Loved the people at Simpson, but would be perfectly happy at PW. Everyone acts like PW should be a no-brainer given that I think I want to do lit, but I don't know if it's that cut and dry. PW's associate:partner ratio (leverage, I guess) is really high and I'm also a little worried about getting lost in the shuffle. Also, I'm starting to become really interested in antitrust the more I hear about it (both the transactional and litigation components), and apparently Simpson has a great antitrust practice.

Thoughts?
Simpson has a great litigation department, and if you're not dead-set on lit Simpson would let you try a wider range of things and decide for yourself. No reason not to go to Simpson here.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Sep 18, 2011 6:20 pm

I chose STB over PW and a few others (cravath, s&c, etc.) for reasons of fit. Loved my summer, got to do everything I wanted, and no regrets at all. If you like the folks at STB more, I'd highly recommend going there. What you do, and how well you do it, are intimately impacted by how much you enjoy the people around you; in the long run, that matters far more than the brand on your resume.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Sep 19, 2011 11:03 pm

OP here. what about substantive responsibility earlier on? would PW, being so highly leveraged and just having more people doing lit in general, mean perhaps that i'd be working on smaller tasks for bigger teams?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”