Canceling callbacks Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
gibby

New

Canceling callbacks

Post by gibby » Fri Sep 16, 2011 10:06 am

How does one go about canceling callbacks? Is it better to do over the phone or via email, and what do you say?

I'm sorry, I know this has likely been asked here before. Thank you.

monkey85

Bronze

Re: Canceling callbacks

Post by monkey85 » Fri Sep 16, 2011 10:12 am

Email is good, and they appreciate the notice since then they do not have to further scrutinize your file, if they were thinking about giving you an offer.

Dear [Recruiter],

[Niceties]

I will be unable to continue in the interview process with [Firm you are rejecting] as I have accepted an offer to join [X Firm - I would include this since it saves the extra email in which they inevitably ask whom you chose]. Thank you for the opportunity to interview and I appreciated all your assistance in the recruiting process.

All the best,
[Winner]

Anonymous User

Re: Canceling callbacks

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Sep 16, 2011 5:42 pm

Eh I just cancelled a bunch over the phone. They don't care, they just want you off the schedule if you are no longer a candidate, and they want to know which firm you went with so that they can feel sorry for themselves.

Seriously, HR doesn't care- they are coordinating 10's if not 100's of callbacks and you are just a drop in the bucket.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”