Atlanta Callbacks Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Re: Atlanta Callbacks

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Oct 08, 2011 4:27 pm

Mavraides87 wrote:How is Emory doing in Atlanta?

Do top 10-20 percent get good jobs in ATL>?
If you are top 20% you are fine. Hiring seems to be up considerably compared to last year's class (c/o 2012)

deebs

Bronze

Post by deebs » Sat Oct 08, 2011 6:27 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Any news from AGG?
offers are out, so are most rejections
Do you have any more info on #'s, dates? Haven't heard anything either way yet. You can PM if you want. Thanks!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Oct 08, 2011 8:32 pm

Any Baker Donelson offers? They had nearly all their CBs come in on Moday, so they said they were going to have a quick turnaround.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Oct 11, 2011 5:20 pm

Any movement?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Oct 15, 2011 5:15 pm

Sutherland has made at least some offers and some have already accepted. I don't know if they are done yet though.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Oct 15, 2011 6:01 pm

Anonymous User wrote:

If you are top 20% you are fine. Hiring seems to be up considerably compared to last year's class (c/o 2012)
Is it really fine for Top 20%? Emory c/o 2013 is 260+. Are you saying there are 50 biglaw SA jobs in ATL just for Emory kids? Let's be conservative and assume half are going to NYC/DC/elsewhere. Are there even 25 biglaw SA jobs for Emory kids in Atlanta?? Not so sure about that.

Grizz

Diamond

Post by Grizz » Sat Oct 15, 2011 7:40 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

Is it really fine for Top 20%? Emory c/o 2013 is 260+. Are you saying there are 50 biglaw SA jobs in ATL just for Emory kids? Let's be conservative and assume half are going to NYC/DC/elsewhere. Are there even 25 biglaw SA jobs for Emory kids in Atlanta?? Not so sure about that.
This.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Oct 16, 2011 10:26 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

Considerably more than half of the top 20% seek jobs outside of Atlanta. I'd say it's probably a 35/15 split for your top 50 number. The Atlanta firms each give somewhere from 5-10 offers to Emory students. There is definitely a lot of overlap (same students getting multiple offers), but if you look at the numbers that way, top 20% being in good shape is more believable.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:34 am

Smith Gambrell ding post-CB via e-mail. Had my CB roughly 2 weeks ago.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:46 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

Considerably more than half of the top 20% seek jobs outside of Atlanta. I'd say it's probably a 35/15 split for your top 50 number. The Atlanta firms each give somewhere from 5-10 offers to Emory students. There is definitely a lot of overlap (same students getting multiple offers), but if you look at the numbers that way, top 20% being in good shape is more believable.
And where do the other 200 go?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:00 am

Anonymous User wrote: And where do the other 200 go?
The breadline.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Oct 18, 2011 3:41 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Any Baker Donelson offers? They had nearly all their CBs come in on Moday, so they said they were going to have a quick turnaround.

I heard they are narrowing it down to 6 and doing another round of interviews.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Oct 18, 2011 5:42 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Any Baker Donelson offers? They had nearly all their CBs come in on Moday, so they said they were going to have a quick turnaround.

Can you elaborate? Do you mean narrow down to 6, then call in people for a post-CB kinda thing or do another round of screener/CBs. Also, how did you hear that?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:35 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

Are there even 35 non-ATL firms at OCI?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Oct 18, 2011 11:45 pm

[/quote]

Is it really fine for Top 20%? Emory c/o 2013 is 260+. Are you saying there are 50 biglaw SA jobs in ATL just for Emory kids? Let's be conservative and assume half are going to NYC/DC/elsewhere. Are there even 25 biglaw SA jobs for Emory kids in Atlanta?? Not so sure about that.[/quote]Considerably more than half of the top 20% seek jobs outside of Atlanta. I'd say it's probably a 35/15 split for your top 50 number. The Atlanta firms each give somewhere from 5-10 offers to Emory students. There is definitely a lot of overlap (same students getting multiple offers), but if you look at the numbers that way, top 20% being in good shape is more believable.[/quote]

Are there even 35 non-ATL firms at OCI?[/quote]

Yeah

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Oct 19, 2011 10:56 am

Nvm, read the post wrong

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:06 am

Just got a skype screener with Mckenna.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:12 am

Anonymous User wrote:Just got a skype screener with Mckenna.
Those bastards rejected me a few days ago post CB.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Oct 19, 2011 3:28 pm

anyone who did a skype screener at mckenna have any insight? how long did it take to hear back? Seems really late, but i guess they wouldn't be doing this if they didn't have spots.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Oct 19, 2011 3:41 pm

Anonymous User wrote:anyone who did a skype screener at mckenna have any insight? how long did it take to hear back? Seems really late, but i guess they wouldn't be doing this if they didn't have spots.
Skype screener, CB on the spot, CB the next week, rejection via mail 2-3 wks later (don't remember).

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Oct 19, 2011 3:50 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:anyone who did a skype screener at mckenna have any insight? how long did it take to hear back? Seems really late, but i guess they wouldn't be doing this if they didn't have spots.
Skype screener, CB on the spot, CB the next week, rejection via mail 2-3 wks later (don't remember).
was your skype screener with 2 people ? sorry about the rejection :(

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Oct 19, 2011 4:16 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
was your skype screener with 2 people ? sorry about the rejection :(
Hiring partner.

It's cool, got an offer I like just as much.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Oct 26, 2011 2:36 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

Can you elaborate? Do you mean narrow down to 6, then call in people for a post-CB kinda thing or do another round of screener/CBs. Also, how did you hear that?
Heard that from someone who had a c/b, reached out to BD to advise of another offer on table, and they told that person to accept their other offer b/c they were doing a 3rd round of interviews.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Oct 26, 2011 2:38 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

Heard that from someone who had a c/b, reached out to BD to advise of another offer on table, and they told that person to accept their other offer b/c they were doing a 3rd round of interviews.
In order to narrow down to the final three

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”