Connecticut firms? Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Re: Connecticut firms?

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Oct 04, 2011 6:45 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Any Shipman offers following their Tuesday HR meeting?

Can anyone confirm how long it takes for offers to go out historically?
Bump

Yes, I know of one offer. Its not the one the above poster found
Ok so now there are two offers in Connecticut?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Oct 04, 2011 7:24 pm

Has anyone heard anything from R&R?

nacholibre

New

Post by nacholibre » Tue Oct 04, 2011 7:27 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Any Shipman offers following their Tuesday HR meeting?

Can anyone confirm how long it takes for offers to go out historically?
Bump

Yes, I know of one offer. Its not the one the above poster found
Ok so now there are two offers in Connecticut?
Is this Shipman offer to a 2L or 3L? When did it go out?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Oct 04, 2011 7:30 pm

R+R is still doing CBs.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Oct 04, 2011 7:36 pm

I think Shipman has made all of their offers, they are only taking 3 SAs. I think anyone who hasn't heard either way is a hold.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Brassica7

Bronze

Post by Brassica7 » Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:50 pm

I think I got a Day Pitney offer. At least I checked my voicemail this evening and found a message from a hiring partner saying he had "good news" for me. I know it's probably not a cruel joke, but part of my brain thinks I will be told when I call back tomorrow that while I was a strong candidate, they had to make some tough decisions, but they will keep me in mind for the future.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:52 pm

Brassica7 wrote:I think I got a Day Pitney offer. At least I checked my voicemail this evening and found a message from a hiring partner saying he had "good news" for me. I know it's probably not a cruel joke, but part of my brain thinks I will be told when I call back tomorrow that while I was a strong candidate, they had to make some tough decisions, but they will keep me in mind for the future.
Whoa-congrats! It would be totally messed up if you called back and he said, "I just saved a ton of money by switching to Geico!"

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Oct 05, 2011 8:27 am

Congrats on Day Pitney!

Brassica7

Bronze

Post by Brassica7 » Wed Oct 05, 2011 5:09 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Brassica7 wrote:I think I got a Day Pitney offer. At least I checked my voicemail this evening and found a message from a hiring partner saying he had "good news" for me. I know it's probably not a cruel joke, but part of my brain thinks I will be told when I call back tomorrow that while I was a strong candidate, they had to make some tough decisions, but they will keep me in mind for the future.
Whoa-congrats! It would be totally messed up if you called back and he said, "I just saved a ton of money by switching to Geico!"

Thanks! It worked out--no cruel joke was played.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Oct 05, 2011 5:13 pm

Anonymous User wrote:R+R is still doing CBs.
Would you happen to know if anyone has gotten a CB from the screeners last week?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Oct 05, 2011 8:02 pm

how many offers has DP given out? has anyone accepted?

Brassica7

Bronze

Post by Brassica7 » Wed Oct 05, 2011 10:59 pm

Anonymous User wrote:how many offers has DP given out? has anyone accepted?
When I talked to career services this morning, they told me that I was the first Day Pitney offer they had heard about. According the NALP, the firm had 4 summers last year. I do not know for sure the number they want to have next summer, but it is probably around the same. I accepted their offer on the phone, but there could still be a few more spots open. Good luck!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Oct 06, 2011 9:05 am

Brassica7 wrote:Anonymous User wrote:
R+R is still doing CBs.

Would you happen to know if anyone has gotten a CB from the screeners last week?
Yes, a person at my school had a screener last week and CB this week.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Oct 06, 2011 1:09 pm

Brassica7 wrote:
When I talked to career services this morning, they told me that I was the first Day Pitney offer they had heard about. According the NALP, the firm had 4 summers last year. I do not know for sure the number they want to have next summer, but it is probably around the same. I accepted their offer on the phone, but there could still be a few more spots open. Good luck!
According to NALP they're looking for 4 summers this year too. But who knows how accurate that is.

What prompted you to talk to career services? I only ask because I'm also at UConn- are we supposed to be keeping in touch with Career Services regarding our offers/callbacks/rejections, etc?

Brassica7

Bronze

Post by Brassica7 » Thu Oct 06, 2011 3:24 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Brassica7 wrote:
According to NALP they're looking for 4 summers this year too. But who knows how accurate that is.

What prompted you to talk to career services? I only ask because I'm also at UConn- are we supposed to be keeping in touch with Career Services regarding our offers/callbacks/rejections, etc?
I talked to career services because I wanted some more information about the process of accepting an offer. There were a couple other firms where I had callbacks. I looked over reports from past summer associates, offer rates, things like that. It helped to confirm for me that I wanted to go with Day Pitney and that I should withdraw from the other firms. You could probably find most of this info on NALP, but I wanted someone to talk to.
I don't think you need to let career services know about offers, but it may make them more effective at advising other students if you do.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Oct 06, 2011 5:47 pm

Brassica7 wrote:

I talked to career services because I wanted some more information about the process of accepting an offer. There were a couple other firms where I had callbacks. I looked over reports from past summer associates, offer rates, things like that. It helped to confirm for me that I wanted to go with Day Pitney and that I should withdraw from the other firms. You could probably find most of this info on NALP, but I wanted someone to talk to.
I don't think you need to let career services know about offers, but it may make them more effective at advising other students if you do.
<Anon from above. That makes sense- thank you. Congratulations on Day Pitney, and here's hoping you made some space for me at the firm I'm waiting to hear from!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Oct 07, 2011 10:43 am

Friday again, and still no news. Ugh. I hope we start seeing some movement in Connecticut next week!

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Brassica7

Bronze

Post by Brassica7 » Fri Oct 07, 2011 12:13 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Brassica7 wrote:

<Anon from above. That makes sense- thank you. Congratulations on Day Pitney, and here's hoping you made some space for me at the firm I'm waiting to hear from!
Good luck to you. Just to clarify what I meant before, when I went to talk to career services, they said I was the first Day Pitney offer they had heard from. They also told me that they had heard of someone getting an offer from another firm where I had a callback. Since I hadn't heard from this other firm yet, career services explained that I was probably in their holding pool while they waited to see if their first choice students accepted offers. Therefore, the odds of getting an offer from the second firm were low. I actually really liked Day Pitney so I was happy to go with their offer, but if the second firm had been my first choice, it would have helped to clarify my chances.
Career services also has binders with evaluations of firms from past summer associates that include information of the work environment and summer pay.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Oct 11, 2011 9:47 am

Any movement this week CT peoples?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Oct 11, 2011 1:24 pm

Email ding from R&R. They said they're done.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Oct 11, 2011 2:35 pm

Offer from Wiggin this morning. CB on October 4.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Oct 11, 2011 3:01 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Email ding from R&R. They said they're done.
Was this post-screener or post-CB?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Oct 11, 2011 3:02 pm

I know someone who got a Pullman offer last week.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Oct 11, 2011 3:22 pm

Any news from Halloran & Sage? I have some other options but I've been really anxious to hear back from them...

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Oct 11, 2011 7:19 pm

I echo the inquiry concerning the email ding from R+R - when did you receive it?

EDIT: Post-screener or post-CB? FYI, no news from Halloran & Sage here. What's the deal with Murtha Cullina?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”