CB Interviewer same as Screener Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

CB Interviewer same as Screener

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Aug 31, 2011 5:22 pm

Curious if anyone has dealt with this situation. Since I have already done 30 min with my interviewer, I am not sure why the second interview with the same person. How common is this? Any particular reason a firm would set a CB up like this?

kahechsof

Bronze

Re: CB Interviewer same as Screener

Post by kahechsof » Wed Aug 31, 2011 5:24 pm

Often the screener greets you and maybe walks you around. That is probably what this is.

Anonymous User

Re: CB Interviewer same as Screener

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Aug 31, 2011 6:20 pm

Had one like this; screener was first person to meet (although for shorter amount of time than the rest of interviewers). Basically greeted me and told me what to expect for the rest of the day, and offered to answer any questions I might have had--e.g., about the interviews, about what the attorneys are looking for in a candidate, whatever. Probably done so more to put you at ease before the "real" interviews begin. Not sure whether your screener is the first person that you're meeting (since that info wasn't in the OP) but I think that's the usual situation.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”