Plz handle thx: How do I spin only one CB in a given market Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Plz handle thx: How do I spin only one CB in a given market

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:30 am

Ok, here is my situation guys: I have a few CBs in market A and only 1 CB in market B. The firms in market A aren't in market B. What should I do if the firm in market B asks me who else I am interviewing with while there? Is this going to be a problem for them or no issue at all?

Unitas

Silver

Re: Plz handle thx: How do I spin only one CB in a given market

Post by Unitas » Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:39 am

Tell them you have applications out in the area that you haven't heard back from. "If you haven't already, send some applications out to other firms in that market"

Doubtful it will be an issue though. Someone with more experience may know. Might even want to ask in the V15 recruiter thread. I don't think he/she leaves that thread.

barry

Bronze

Post by barry » Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:50 am

can't you just say "Well I've also interviewed with firms a, b, and c" ( and just name oci screeners you've had with firms in that market)

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:51 am

barry wrote:can't you just say "Well I've also interviewed with firms a, b, and c" ( and just name oci screeners you've had with firms in that market)
Sure, but what if they ask specifically "while you're here?" My school is not in that market.

BeenDidThat

Silver

Post by BeenDidThat » Thu Aug 25, 2011 5:27 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
barry wrote:can't you just say "Well I've also interviewed with firms a, b, and c" ( and just name oci screeners you've had with firms in that market)
Sure, but what if they ask specifically "while you're here?" My school is not in that market.
"Unfortunately, I haven't yet heard from them."

EDIT: But generally, say whatever you can without lying that makes them think you want to be in their market. Spin away!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Unitas

Silver

Post by Unitas » Thu Aug 25, 2011 5:30 pm

BeenDidThat wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
"Unfortunately, I haven't yet heard from them."

EDIT: But generally, say whatever you can without lying that makes them think you want to be in their market. Spin away!
See
Unitas wrote:Tell them you have applications out in the area that you haven't heard back from. "If you haven't already, send some applications out to other firms in that market"

bceagles182

Silver

Post by bceagles182 » Thu Aug 25, 2011 8:11 pm

Have your classes started yet?

Tell them you haven't scheduled other interviews during that trip because you don't want to miss consecutive days of class?

barry

Bronze

Post by barry » Thu Aug 25, 2011 8:24 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
just say you're only in the for the day and did not have time to do two cb's, I don't think it's that weird to do only one cb on a trip

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Aug 26, 2011 5:59 am

This happened to me last year where nearly all the firms where I was doing callbacks were on one coast and I had a callback at a firm on another coast (and the only firm in that market). I just told the interviewer that I was only interviewing with that firm because I wanted to be in the best firm that does the kind of work in which I was interested. I guess it worked because I got an offer (and they seemed to eat that answer up).

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”