Callback too late? Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Callback too late?

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:10 pm

Is a mid-September (15) callback too late?
NYC office
Last edited by Anonymous User on Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Anonymous User

Re: Callback too late?

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:12 pm

No, it isn't too late. I spoke with a large NY firm and they said they do callbacks well into early October, so mid-September puts you at absolutely no disadvantage, as per the words of the recruiter.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:15 pm

Anonymous User wrote:No, it isn't too late. I spoke with a large NY firm and they said they do callbacks well into early October, so mid-September puts you at absolutely no disadvantage, as per the words of the recruiter.
Earliest date for my firm was Oct. 3. :(

thickfreakness

Silver

Post by thickfreakness » Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:30 pm

You should fly up tomorrow and ask to speak with the recruiter. Just tell him/her that you were so excited you had to come right away. If you wait until that mid-September interview date, you're completely dead in the water.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:36 pm

thickfreakness wrote:You should fly up tomorrow and ask to speak with the recruiter. Just tell him/her that you were so excited you had to come right away. If you wait until that mid-September interview date, you're completely dead in the water.
you aren't serious, right?

thickfreakness

Silver

Post by thickfreakness » Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:05 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
thickfreakness wrote:You should fly up tomorrow and ask to speak with the recruiter. Just tell him/her that you were so excited you had to come right away. If you wait until that mid-September interview date, you're completely dead in the water.
you aren't serious, right?
I'm dead serious. And if you're serious about that job you better get your ass up there soon. Initiative and proactive thinking win ITE.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”