when to follow up? Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

when to follow up?

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Aug 24, 2011 5:20 pm

Hi everyone, I interviewed with a v50 firm last wednesday and have heard nothing. I am wondering if it is ok for me to send an email asking about call backs now?

Sup Kid

Silver

Re: when to follow up?

Post by Sup Kid » Wed Aug 24, 2011 7:55 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Hi everyone, I interviewed with a v50 firm last wednesday and have heard nothing. I am wondering if it is ok for me to send an email asking about call backs now?
Sorry to say, but most likely your ding is in the mail...

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Aug 25, 2011 2:05 pm

thanks forthe reply, it turned out they are sending out call backs today. But haven't gotten anything yet, is it normal for call backs from same interviewers to be made in the morning and in the afternoon?

kdw94780

Bronze

Post by kdw94780 » Thu Aug 25, 2011 2:17 pm

I am curious about the answer to OP's original question. I mean I want to ask questions like when are decisions coming out. I mean will that (a) make me look eager --a good thing--, (b) make me look desperate or inconsiderate of the carefulness in decision making that's required by them--not good--.

IOTW, I don't want to come off as not interested but at the same time I don't want to annoy them. What do you guys think??

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Aug 25, 2011 5:28 pm

On a semi-related note, is it okay to follow up with a recruiter post-callback to ask if they have any idea of how long the wait will be?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

lawfirmrecruiter

Silver

Post by lawfirmrecruiter » Thu Aug 25, 2011 5:42 pm

Anonymous User wrote:On a semi-related note, is it okay to follow up with a recruiter post-callback to ask if they have any idea of how long the wait will be?
Speaking for myself, I don't mind if students call to ask about our timeline. Just don't call every day . . .

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Sep 20, 2011 5:10 pm

lawfirmrecruiter wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:On a semi-related note, is it okay to follow up with a recruiter post-callback to ask if they have any idea of how long the wait will be?
Speaking for myself, I don't mind if students call to ask about our timeline. Just don't call every day . . .
What about every week?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”