CB Research Question Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

CB Research Question

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:51 am

Hi all,

I have a really important CB late next week. The firm is very competitive to get an offer from, very unique, and has a very small summer class.

One thing I'm sort of worried about is balancing showing that I have thoroughly researched the firm v. coming across as knowing "a little too much....." about the firm.

I want to nail this CB, and this is one of the bigger concerns I have--i.e. meeting a partner, talking about the work the firm does, and walking the line between "person very interested in the work I do" versus "person who seems sort of obsessed with the firm."

Any thoughts? Is this something I should worry about? Thing is, I am sort of "obsessed" with the firm, insofar as it's been my top choice since I entered law school.

bjsesq

Diamond

Re: CB Research Question

Post by bjsesq » Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:00 am

Anonymous User wrote:Hi all,

I have a really important CB late next week. The firm is very competitive to get an offer from, very unique, and has a very small summer class.

One thing I'm sort of worried about is balancing showing that I have thoroughly researched the firm v. coming across as knowing "a little too much....." about the firm.

I want to nail this CB, and this is one of the bigger concerns I have--i.e. meeting a partner, talking about the work the firm does, and walking the line between "person very interested in the work I do" versus "person who seems sort of obsessed with the firm."

Any thoughts? Is this something I should worry about? Thing is, I am sort of "obsessed" with the firm, insofar as it's been my top choice since I entered law school.
I have never had a firm say that "I know too much" about the firm. On the other hand, if you just start tossing out random facts, you come across as trying too hard. Know your shit and discuss when it is organic to the conversation.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”