US JDs in Magic Cricle Firm's foreign office Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

US JDs in Magic Cricle Firm's foreign office

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Aug 19, 2011 2:15 pm

This may be too tiny of a subset, but does anyone have any info or anecdotal evidence on how US JDs operate within London based firms and more specifically their foreign offices. The websites of such firms are almost completely directed at the English based common law system for hiring purposes, to include training contracts ,secondments, etc which do not align with JD time frames. I am looking for information on how to 1st year US JD hires integrate into the firm and more specifically how do they integrate into a a non-US common law based legal system.

The easiest answer is to ask the firm, but I would like to t self-educate myself first as I am still in the interview process.

smokyroom26

Bronze

Re: US JDs in Magic Cricle Firm's foreign office

Post by smokyroom26 » Sat Aug 20, 2011 10:35 pm

FWIW, I think this is the perfect, perfect, perfect kind of question to ask in an interview.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”