NYU EIW Callback Nonsense (Consolidated) Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Re: NYU EIW Callback Nonsense (Consolidated)

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Oct 09, 2011 7:25 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote: Yeah, I've gotten the same thing. I was in a group discussing the firms we picked, and I mentioned that my choices were in the V20-V50 range and one guy was like "well hey, a job is a job, so you shouldn't be too down". Yet the firm I picked is my top choice and in no way was I "down" about it. Guess its all very relative to some people. That guy was a douche anyway.
Or some comment about how that is a tough market and people are underperforming there. oh, my future career is 'underperforming'? well fuck you too.
any idea on gpa/rank or rather not disclose?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Oct 09, 2011 7:25 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:I know secondhand of people without offers who did EIW, but I have never spoken to one out of probably 40-50 people I've discussed EIW-related stuff with. I do know people who underperformed, but they all still got offers somewhere. I think we did better than last year.
I don't know, I think NYU did well but this seems to illustrate the flaw with this anecdotal reporting. The odds of speaking to 50 random 2Ls who did EIW, and who all got jobs, seems low. I think the people without jobs are just avoiding these discussions.
No offer. Purposefully avoiding speaking with anyone for anything remotely career related at this point.
Another no offer here. Waiting to hear from a couple places still. I know of at least one other person who does not have a job lined up after EIW, and feel pretty certain about another.
oops that was supposed to be here

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Sep 20, 2013 6:20 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Offers from DPW and STB, ding from PW after CB. Still have 5 cbs left to do and am waiting on a couple I've already done. Generally quite pleased. Little confused as to why PW (which has higher CB-->offer ratio) dinged, but oh well...
Perhaps it is because you are the sort of person who posts your offers on the internet?
Yeah, along with "generally quite pleased" lol.
Consistent with the image of a scum-sucking bitch yelling, "Look at me!! Look at me!!" Normally, I'd ask you, for once, try being a bit more considerate, but it's obvious that you're hopeless.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Sep 20, 2013 6:21 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:I wonder if 70% of people who went through EIW actually got offers.

Dunno. What's the feeling around campus? I've kept relatively quiet throughout the process, but my sense is that people fared pretty well. I can't see numbers being worse than last year's 78% mark.
I don't think I've come across a single person who doesn't have at least one good option on the table. I'm a transfer, so my circle of acquaintances is relatively small, but I get the feeling of success across the board.
I know a person who doesnt have any offers. Be nice around school , people! you never know

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Sep 20, 2013 6:27 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Just a few days ago, I sent an update to my Davis Polk interviewer, and he said he would pass it along to recruiting to update my file. So I'm obviously not out of the running quite yet (and I doubt he would have even bothered with a response if he had already put in the word that they should reject me). Fingers crossed real tight for a miracle on this one.
Just to be clear: As he said that he'd "pass it along", he didn't put his hand on your leg, did he? EIW has turned all of us into pathetic souls, pleading and hoping against the odds for a spot. In addition to fingers, make sure you cross your legs too.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Sep 20, 2013 7:07 pm

Y'all do realize you're talking to people who already graduated, right?

Can we get back to posting in our 2013 thread now?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Sep 20, 2013 8:10 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:I wonder if 70% of people who went through EIW actually got offers.

Dunno. What's the feeling around campus? I've kept relatively quiet throughout the process, but my sense is that people fared pretty well. I can't see numbers being worse than last year's 78% mark.
I don't think I've come across a single person who doesn't have at least one good option on the table. I'm a transfer, so my circle of acquaintances is relatively small, but I get the feeling of success across the board.
I know a person who doesnt have any offers. Be nice around school , people! you never know[/quote

I actually know a bunch without offers. They tend to be quiet.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Sep 22, 2013 6:26 pm

I don't think it can be generalized.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”