Weird Callback Question Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Weird Callback Question

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Aug 12, 2011 12:17 pm

Scenario:

Upcoming CB with Firm X in City Y
Upcoming Screening interview with Firm X for City Z

Do I mention the CB at the Screening Interview? Is that a positive, or does it make me look like I am not sure about which market to work in? What is the best thing to do?

Anonymous User

Re: Weird Callback Question

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Aug 12, 2011 12:44 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Scenario:

Do I mention the CB at the Screening Interview? Is that a positive, or does it make me look like I am not sure about which market to work in? What is the best thing to do?
Had same situation. Tell them you are interested in both cities and have a CB with the firm in City Y. I think the firm liked the fact that the other office thought I was cool enough to give a CB to. Make sure you can tell them what it is about each office that is appealing to you.

mths

Silver

Post by mths » Fri Aug 12, 2011 2:11 pm

Anonymous User wrote:

Had same situation. Tell them you are interested in both cities and have a CB with the firm in City Y. I think the firm liked the fact that the other office thought I was cool enough to give a CB to. Make sure you can tell them what it is about each office that is appealing to you.
I really disagree with this. I think that showing an interest in the firm you are interviewing with the the only thing you should do.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Aug 12, 2011 2:40 pm

mths wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

I really disagree with this. I think that showing an interest in the firm you are interviewing with the the only thing you should do.
I'm sure you can make it work either way. For what it's worth I got offers for both offices

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Aug 12, 2011 3:36 pm

mths wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

I think you might have misread; its the same firm different offices. Or did you mean to say you should only express an interest in the particular office you are talking to, even if it is the same firm?

mths

Silver

Post by mths » Fri Aug 12, 2011 3:40 pm

Anonymous User wrote: I think you might have misread; its the same firm different offices. Or did you mean to say you should only express an interest in the particular office you are talking to, even if it is the same firm?
I misread, I'm sorry. Your earlier approach is fine.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”