Important OCI Question Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Important OCI Question

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:10 am

So here is my problem,

I am a transfer student. I was accepted to one school early on, and used about 30 bids through their OCI program. ABout a week later I was accepted to my number one school, which I am now going to attend. I was selected for screening interviews with about 10 firms through the previous schools OCI. Is it alright to contact the firm, tell them my situation, and see if they still want to interview me? Granted my other school is in a different city (some of the firms have offices in the new city), but still has a solid national rep. Any insight would be appreciated. Thank you

bgdddymtty

Silver

Re: Important OCI Question

Post by bgdddymtty » Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:18 am

Anonymous User wrote:So here is my problem,

I am a transfer student. I was accepted to one school early on, and used about 30 bids through their OCI program. ABout a week later I was accepted to my number one school, which I am now going to attend. I was selected for screening interviews with about 10 firms through the previous schools OCI. Is it alright to contact the firm, tell them my situation, and see if they still want to interview me? Granted my other school is in a different city (some of the firms have offices in the new city), but still has a solid national rep. Any insight would be appreciated. Thank you
I don't see why not. What's the worst that could happen? They say no? It's not like there's some Brotherhood of BigLaw by which you could be blackballed for making such a request.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”