F#$K -- Too late to mass-mail? Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
sonpleaseiamthelaw

New

F#$K -- Too late to mass-mail?

Post by sonpleaseiamthelaw » Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:40 pm

Sheeeit, i thought early August would be good till I logged in here and saw ppl getting callbacks from their mass mail campaigns. I am top 1/3 mvp and want nyc corp. Basically -- should i try to send out cover letters/resumes/transcripts on monday to all nyc firms not coming to my oci or should i put all my effort into preparing for the interviews i do have.

also: can i mail firms that i did not bid on?

thanks dudes, u guys always come thru

Heartford

Bronze

Re: F#$K -- Too late to mass-mail?

Post by Heartford » Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:47 pm

sonpleaseiamthelaw wrote:Sheeeit, i thought early August would be good till I logged in here and saw ppl getting callbacks from their mass mail campaigns. I am top 1/3 mvp and want nyc corp. Basically -- should i try to send out cover letters/resumes/transcripts on monday to all nyc firms not coming to my oci or should i put all my effort into preparing for the interviews i do have.

Mass mail ASAP- it's still not too late. Mailing firms you didn't bid on is kosher. Mailing firms you did bid on is not.

sonpleaseiamthelaw

New

Post by sonpleaseiamthelaw » Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:54 pm

Heartford wrote: Mass mail ASAP- it's still not too late. Mailing firms you didn't bid on is kosher. Mailing firms you did bid on is not.
Thanks for the reply! I'll have those apps out on Monday morning I guess

random5483

Silver

Post by random5483 » Fri Aug 05, 2011 11:26 pm

From what I have heard, you want to mass mail in early August (latest around the 15th) unless you are mailing a firm near where you live and you go to school elsewhere. Earlier the better though. I'd recommend you do it this weekend.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Aug 05, 2011 11:44 pm

Heartford wrote:
sonpleaseiamthelaw wrote:Sheeeit, i thought early August would be good till I logged in here and saw ppl getting callbacks from their mass mail campaigns. I am top 1/3 mvp and want nyc corp. Basically -- should i try to send out cover letters/resumes/transcripts on monday to all nyc firms not coming to my oci or should i put all my effort into preparing for the interviews i do have.

Mass mail ASAP- it's still not too late. Mailing firms you didn't bid on is kosher. Mailing firms you did bid on is not.
how is mailing firms you bid on but did not receive interviews with not kosher? (assuming 100% lottery)

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Younger Abstention

Bronze

Post by Younger Abstention » Sat Aug 06, 2011 12:01 am

LOL it's not even close to too late. Maybe in November I will say you should get a hustle on. If I were on the job search, I wouldn't even start until mid-August if I were being strategic about it.

sonpleaseiamthelaw

New

Post by sonpleaseiamthelaw » Sat Aug 06, 2011 1:27 am

Younger Abstention wrote:LOL it's not even close to too late. Maybe in November I will say you should get a hustle on. If I were on the job search, I wouldn't even start until mid-August if I were being strategic about it.
haha that what i thought... till i logged in here

chitown825

Bronze

Post by chitown825 » Sat Aug 06, 2011 1:35 am

Are we talking about 2L or 3L mass mailings? You looking for SA or FT?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Aug 06, 2011 2:36 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Heartford wrote:

how is mailing firms you bid on but did not receive interviews with not kosher? (assuming 100% lottery)
+1

I've had a lot of luck doing this

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Heartford

Bronze

Post by Heartford » Sat Aug 06, 2011 9:07 am

Anonymous User wrote:
I was assuming 100% preselect. Forgot about your fancy lotteries.

Oh, and nice use of the anonymous feature, bro!

phonepro

Bronze

Post by phonepro » Sat Aug 06, 2011 12:23 pm

Heartford wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

even if it was 100% preselect, whats the harm? It just shows you are interested in the firm. I don't think anyone is going to say we ARENT going to pick this guy b/c he sent us his resume.

Heartford

Bronze

Post by Heartford » Sat Aug 06, 2011 2:30 pm

phonepro wrote:
Heartford wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

even if it was 100% preselect, whats the harm? It just shows you are interested in the firm. I don't think anyone is going to say we ARENT going to pick this guy b/c he sent us his resume.
There's no harm, really- it's probably just obnoxious to receive a resume from an applicant who you already rejected through OCI (by declining to preselect them.) But you're right- they won't say they aren't going to pick the guy because he sent his resume, because they already decided not to pick him when they... didn't pick him in the first place.

Gold

Post by 03121202698008 » Sat Aug 06, 2011 4:24 pm

Heartford wrote:
phonepro wrote:
Heartford wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

There's no harm, really- it's probably just obnoxious to receive a resume from an applicant who you already rejected through OCI (by declining to preselect them.) But you're right- they won't say they aren't going to pick the guy because he sent his resume, because they already decided not to pick him when they... didn't pick him in the first place.
Uh, that presumes OP school preselects. Many do not in which case the firm never even had a chance to look at you.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Aug 06, 2011 4:26 pm

I am waiting for my summer grades.

Heartford

Bronze

Post by Heartford » Sat Aug 06, 2011 4:51 pm

blowhard wrote:
Uh, that presumes OP school preselects. Many do not in which case the firm never even had a chance to look at you.
look 3 posts above yours.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”