JAG Corp Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
tcmturner

New

JAG Corp

Post by tcmturner » Fri Jul 29, 2011 8:12 pm

I did a search of the forum and didn't find anything, if this is a topic that has been beaten to death, a simple link to the relevant topic would be greatly appreciated, that said:

I am a rising 2L at Michigan and I will be doing OCI in a couple weeks. I have researched hard and I figure there is a fairly good chance I could be happy in Big Law. But in reality, what I REALLY have my heart set on is JAG. I've done a bit of research but I was a bit surprised at how little I found.

Is there anyone here who has a wealth of knowledge on JAG? I am most interested in the Army and the Navy programs. I don't have past military or ROTC experience and being in the service does NOT run in the family (actually quite the opposite). But I have been spending a LOT of time talking with the two military officers I know (one JAG one not) and I'm almost certain that it is exactly the life I want.

What should I be doing to strengthen my credentials for JAG? Should I just give up on this crazy desire? I know things are selective now for JAG, but I'm not using it as a back up plan, it is what I MOST want to do.

Any advice?

Thanks

chem

Silver

Re: JAG Corp

Post by chem » Fri Jul 29, 2011 8:17 pm

Have you checked this out? To my knowledge its the JAG megathread

http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... =3&t=31543

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”