Resume Font Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
NZA

Silver

Re: Resume Font

Post by NZA » Sat Aug 13, 2011 5:20 pm

I was working on my resume, and figured a bump to this thread would be appropriate.

I went ahead and asked the experts over at r/typography:

http://www.reddit.com/r/typography/comm ... _a_resume/

They had a couple good recommendations. One of the more enlightening aspects of design I had not considered was combining a serif and sans serif, as well as avoiding boldface and using small caps instead. I've spent some time researching different combos, looks like there are some pretty neat looking ones out there.

Pretty interesting, just thought people would want to see it. :)

Verity

Silver

Post by Verity » Sat Aug 13, 2011 5:23 pm

OBNOXIOUS TROLLING REDACTED BY MODS

MrKappus

Gold

Post by MrKappus » Sat Aug 13, 2011 5:43 pm

Cupidity wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:I just go with Times. Simple but gets the job done
I read an article in a buisness magazine (I thought it was Forbes) that said times on a resume was the "kiss of death," and that it showed "lazyness" as you "took the font of least resistance." Unfortunately, I can't find the article to link, hopefully soemone else does.
Here's a super-secret hint: font doesn't matter. What's written in that font does. I used Times New Roman and did just fine.

NZA

Silver

Post by NZA » Sat Aug 13, 2011 5:48 pm

MrKappus wrote:
Cupidity wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:I just go with Times. Simple but gets the job done
I read an article in a buisness magazine (I thought it was Forbes) that said times on a resume was the "kiss of death," and that it showed "lazyness" as you "took the font of least resistance." Unfortunately, I can't find the article to link, hopefully soemone else does.
Here's a super-secret hint: font doesn't matter. What's written in that font does. I used Times New Roman and did just fine.
I don't think it's REALLY going to matter, but that doesn't mean that a person with the time and boredom shouldn't put in the effort to make a good typeface decision.

emkay625

Gold

Post by emkay625 » Sat Aug 13, 2011 5:54 pm

Cupidity wrote:Big fan of Garamond. Classy, condensed. It makes you feel like there are more words on the page than there actually are. It's conservative without being times or tahoma.
+1

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”