Background check question Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Background check question

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Jul 09, 2011 1:44 am

Does anybody know of a relatively inexpensive, legit website or means to get an absolutely-thorough background check that will reveal every citation and speeding ticket, citation etc? I have a feeling I have some speeding ticket somewhere I'm forgetting considering I've lived in multiple states. I don't want to overlook anything that will give me trouble down the line.Thanks.

CyLaw

Gold

Re: Background check question

Post by CyLaw » Sat Jul 09, 2011 9:47 am

Anonymous User wrote:Does anybody know of a relatively inexpensive, legit website or means to get an absolutely-thorough background check that will reveal every citation and speeding ticket, citation etc? I have a feeling I have some speeding ticket somewhere I'm forgetting considering I've lived in multiple states. I don't want to overlook anything that will give me trouble down the line.Thanks.
I don't know of a legit multi-state way, but the best way to make sure your don't forget something is to contact the DMVs of each state you lived in and ask for a copy of your driving records.

You shouldn't get in trouble for not putting down a ticket you forgot about as long as you made reasonable attempts to discover your full driving record. I would think requesting the driving records for each state you lived in should be enough. (Now, if you remember a ticket that is not on the driving record you should still put it down on the form if it falls within the background check question).

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”