Place to share SA mid-summer eval experiences, tips, etc. Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
What the f.supp?

Bronze

Place to share SA mid-summer eval experiences, tips, etc.

Post by What the f.supp? » Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:50 am

Mid-summer evaluations are next week. The process is not really clear to the summers at my firm and I have no idea what to expect.

If you can share in general terms your experience, perhaps what to expect, it would be much appreciated!

ruski

Bronze

Re: Place to share SA mid-summer eval experiences, tips, etc.

Post by ruski » Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:52 am

you're overthinking this. mine lasted five minutes and conisted of "keep up the good work."

honestly if you smile, have a good attitude, and don't turn in complete crap, your review will probably be similar. as much as you'd like they aren't going to shower you with praises for completing some BS assignment that the attorney probably completely forgot he assigned to you in the first place. the amount/type of work summers do does not really warrant something that can really be deeply reviewed.

Anonymous User

Re: Place to share SA mid-summer eval experiences, tips, etc.

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Jul 01, 2011 11:09 am

I had mine last week. I was definitely nervous, but there was no reason to be. I'm sure at most firms, if you're on the wrong track, someone will pull you aside and let you know--they won't wait until the halfway point to tell you that you're doing it wrong and need to change to get an offer.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”