How much do grades matter for the DOJ? Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
gilagarta

Bronze

How much do grades matter for the DOJ?

Post by gilagarta » Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:47 pm

My apologies if this has been asked elsewhere, but does anyone have an idea of how competitive the DOJ is for summer positions for 2Ls? Specifically, do grades matter as much as they do for SA offers? If your grades aren't good enough to land you a SLIP position, could you still be in the running for a volunteer internship?

My adviser made it sound like 2L summer jobs at DOJ were much easier to land than 1L because most rising 2Ls take SA positions so it's a much smaller pool of applicants, but I'm thinking it still must be very competitive, right?

thelawguy

New

Re: How much do grades matter for the DOJ?

Post by thelawguy » Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:10 pm

DOJ honors positions require the very best grades from top schools- these positions are as competitive if not more competitive than the most elite firms.

If you are referring to a DOJ internship position then then grades are less important (still have to be solid)- however these jobs dont pay and typically wont lead to a job after graduation.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”