San Diego Biglaw Market Rundown Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

San Diego Biglaw Market Rundown

Post by Anonymous User » Thu May 19, 2011 8:43 am

The San Francisco market thread was so good that I was hoping for a similar thread on San Diego. I would be greatly appreciative for any and all input on the San Diego Biglaw market.

Thanks.

Anonymous User

Re: San Diego Biglaw Market Rundown

Post by Anonymous User » Fri May 20, 2011 10:20 am

OP here and just to throw out a starting point, a SoCal market consultant based largely out of LA told me that Latham "owns" the San Diego market. Anyone care to disagree?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri May 20, 2011 11:15 am

Anonymous User wrote:OP here and just to throw out a starting point, a SoCal market consultant based largely out of LA told me that Latham "owns" the San Diego market. Anyone care to disagree?
They're arguably the best firm with a major San Diego presence (two offices!) but it's hard to say anyone "owns" the San Diego market when it's such small market with very few big offices and mostly just a smattering of V100 satellite offices (rather than strong San Diego-based firms).

If the question is "what is the best San Diego firm to have an SA?" then it probably goes like this:

Latham > MoFo > Cooley >>>>>>>>>>>>> most others (Jones Day, dla piper, Paul Hastings, etc.) >>>>>>> Luce Forward (the old line San Diego firm, but currently in terrible shape).

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri May 20, 2011 11:21 am

Nice. Thanks for the input. Did you summer in S.D. or are you this year?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”