Clerkship Chances from top-20 Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Clerkship Chances from top-20

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Mar 10, 2011 5:47 pm

What kind of grades do you need for the following clerkships coming out of GWU.
Federal district court judge and I am indifferent to location (fly over states are cool)
Federal Magistrate judge
Delaware Supreme Court
Delaware Court of Chancery

We only have designations not rank so its hard to tell where you are in the class exactly.

Also how will not being on a journal, but having had an article published effect one's chances

TTH

Diamond

Re: Clerkship Chances from top-20

Post by TTH » Thu Mar 10, 2011 6:07 pm

Summon G.T.L.Rev.

I would imagine you'd need to be top 5% to be competitive for a clerkship coming out of a non T14, but I don't know shit about it.

Mainly replied because I'm interested myself.

/unhelpful

androstan

Gold

Post by androstan » Thu Mar 10, 2011 6:22 pm

Adding to the OP, how hard is it to get a clerkship for the Federal Circuit of Appeals? I imagine it may be easier since they handle IP matters and GW is considered to be particularly strong in that area.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Mar 11, 2011 2:59 am

Hey G.T.L. Rev., I have quick question while you're in here, if that's okay. If you're grades aren't up to normal clerkship standards (i.e., median at a T10), how much will family/friend connections play? Is it rude or inappropriate to network for clerkships if there is a pretty close relationship involved? Have you seen this happen?

Thanks!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Mar 11, 2011 5:02 pm

That's very helpful. Thank you! I'm not too sure how my grades will be viewed. I'm a transfer, so I was top 3% at my previous school. But, I only hit median at my T10 last semester. I'm focusing more on academics this semester, and hopefully that will pull the grades up so that I'm somewhat competitive. But I won't know until a month or so after the semester ends.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”