NYC Internship Housing? Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

NYC Internship Housing?

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Mar 10, 2011 1:47 pm

What do most non New Yorkers do for living arrangements if they take a legal internship in NYC over the summer? It's an unpaid 1L internship. Do many law students take NYU summer housing? What are the easiest and most common arrangements?

The logistics are confusing when your family lives in City A, your law school and apartment are in city B, and you have an internship in New York :shock:

Big Shrimpin

Gold

Re: NYC Internship Housing?

Post by Big Shrimpin » Thu Mar 10, 2011 1:57 pm

The logistics aren't that difficult. You either (a) sublet your place at school and rent in NYC or (b) rent in both NYC and your school apartment. NYU housing application came out almost two weeks ago. You might want to get that in soon if you want to service your top choices. That's what I'm doing, and I assume many others do the same thing. See also Craigslist.

Living in NY w/o getting paid? Woof.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:20 am

I've got a room available for rent for this June and July that's perfect for any law student in NYC for a summer internship. It's located in Brooklyn Heights (charming neighborhood 1 subway stop into Brooklyn). It's in a 2 bedroom apartment in an historic brownstone. Hard wood floors, high ceilings, dishwasher, two blocks away from the water. Rent is $1200/month.

I'm a law student in NYC who's working outside the city this summer. Feel free to email me, and we can discuss logistics.

xxfakeemail987xx@hotmail.com
This is a real email address. I usually use it for junk mail.

nealric

Post by nealric » Sun Mar 13, 2011 1:33 pm

I lived in the loftstel hostel when I was a summer associate. It's targeted towards interns and students who need a cheap place for a few months.

I paid $650 a month or so.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Mar 13, 2011 1:34 pm

I used to work in the hotel business and did an internship at a big fancy NYC hotel. Most hotels don't do this, but this one offered me free housing for the summer. So I got to rock it all summer long in a room that typically goes for $500 a night. Was a pretty sweet deal.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

clsstudent

New

Post by clsstudent » Sun Mar 13, 2011 1:44 pm

I have a fully-furnished room available on CLS campus for sublet. Rent includes utilities and internet. Asking for $1200 and room available from May to Aug. PM if interested.

Big Shrimpin

Gold

Post by Big Shrimpin » Sun Mar 13, 2011 7:20 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I used to work in the hotel business and did an internship at a big fancy NYC hotel. Most hotels don't do this, but this one offered me free housing for the summer. So I got to rock it all summer long in a room that typically goes for $500 a night. Was a pretty sweet deal.

Very helpful.

maxolivier

New

Post by maxolivier » Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:59 pm

Hi there. You can try the website :

http://www.studenthousingnewyork.com/

They have furnished rooms for students.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply