Law Firm Economics Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Ikki

Bronze

Law Firm Economics

Post by Ikki » Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:00 pm

http://www.lateralattorneyreport.com/20 ... al-career/

A friend of mine that recently decided not to go to law school just send me this article. The article breaks down very nicely (or at least it sounds straightforward) how law firms work, what one needs to succeed at every level of the corporate law ladder and some tips on what not to do. For those that have just entered the job market, how true are the things mentioned in the article?

I guess my friend was trying to discourage me from going to law school, but after giving that blog a glance, biglaw seems pretty attractive.

Kohinoor

Gold

Re: Law Firm Economics

Post by Kohinoor » Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:46 pm

Ikki wrote:http://www.lateralattorneyreport.com/20 ... al-career/

A friend of mine that recently decided not to go to law school just send me this article. The article breaks down very nicely (or at least it sounds straightforward) how law firms work, what one needs to succeed at every level of the corporate law ladder and some tips on what not to do. For those that have just entered the job market, how true are the things mentioned in the article?

I guess my friend was trying to discourage me from going to law school, but after giving that blog a glance, biglaw seems pretty attractive.
Biglaw is awesome. You should definitely go to law school.

HarlandBassett

Bronze

Re: Law Firm Economics

Post by HarlandBassett » Fri Feb 11, 2011 3:45 pm

I'm going to Cooley b/c it is ranked #2 this year. It is a feeder school to Skadden Farts.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”