Diversity in hiring. Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
SupraVln180

Silver

Diversity in hiring.

Post by SupraVln180 » Wed Feb 09, 2011 10:16 pm

I am currently a 0L and I am most likely going to attend a school in the 20-30 (still waiting to hear back from a few more higher ranked schools). I am hispanic (not Mexican or PR) will this help me in finding a job? I am not a dark skinned hispanic, I look like I can be white, it's borderline though. Will my prospective employers and interviewers know I am hispanic (off an application?) or will they just judge me off my appearance. Either way does being diverse, even if non-urm give you a boost in job prospects?

vanwinkle

Platinum

Re: Diversity in hiring.

Post by vanwinkle » Wed Feb 09, 2011 10:28 pm

SupraVln180 wrote:I am currently a 0L
This is as far as I got.

I may have to start banning 0Ls who post anon here.

SupraVln180

Silver

Post by SupraVln180 » Wed Feb 09, 2011 10:59 pm

I didn't realize I wasn't allowed to post anon on here if I am a 0L. Either way, does it give you a boost in hiring?

MrPapagiorgio

Gold

Post by MrPapagiorgio » Wed Feb 09, 2011 11:04 pm

SupraVln180 wrote:I didn't realize I wasn't allowed to post anon on here if I am a 0L. Either way, does it give you a boost in hiring?
It's not about posting anonymously, it is about that the fact that you are a 0L worrying about employment. The employment forum is about those facing OCI or graduation. Not for those who haven't even started. Yes, it is good to think about the end-goal now. But not in this forum.

SupraVln180

Silver

Post by SupraVln180 » Wed Feb 09, 2011 11:06 pm

MrPapagiorgio wrote:
SupraVln180 wrote:I didn't realize I wasn't allowed to post anon on here if I am a 0L. Either way, does it give you a boost in hiring?
It's not about posting anonymously, it is about that the fact that you are a 0L worrying about employment. The employment forum is about those facing OCI or graduation. Not for those who haven't even started. Yes, it is good to think about the end-goal now. But not in this forum.
Alright then. I will mosey on over back to where the 0L's hang out. Sorry for wasting everyone's time.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

MrPapagiorgio

Gold

Post by MrPapagiorgio » Wed Feb 09, 2011 11:09 pm

SupraVln180 wrote:
MrPapagiorgio wrote:
Alright then. I will mosey on over back to where the 0L's hang out. Sorry for wasting everyone's time.
Didn't mean to sound rude and/or get you all pissy. Just wanted to clear things up so the mod doesn't toss you in the future.

SupraVln180

Silver

Post by SupraVln180 » Wed Feb 09, 2011 11:11 pm

MrPapagiorgio wrote:
SupraVln180 wrote:
MrPapagiorgio wrote:
Didn't mean to sound rude and/or get you all pissy. Just wanted to clear things up so the mod doesn't toss you in the future.
No, you weren't rude at all. Thanks for the heads up. I really didn't realize 0L's shouldn't post in here. I will just browse this forum from now on.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”