NY Fed 1L Summer Law Clerk Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

NY Fed 1L Summer Law Clerk

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:10 pm

Anybody interview for this yet (or before)? Was wondering what I should expect.

Also, would you take this position over, say, a 1L SA at a law firm?

Anonymous User

Re: NY Fed 1L Summer Law Clerk

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:29 pm

Just send in grades this week. Haven't heard anything back, aside from that my file was updated.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:43 pm

did you send in grades after you interviewed? or before you heard if you got an interview?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:04 pm

Anonymous User wrote:did you send in grades after you interviewed? or before you heard if you got an interview?

I got an interview, and in the same email they requested grades (I hadn't sent them yet).

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:09 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Anybody interview for this yet (or before)? Was wondering what I should expect.

Also, would you take this position over, say, a 1L SA at a law firm?
For 1L summer, I would take the clerkship. I've heard from a few people that 1L SA's are unpaid, and rarely stick with the same firm for 2L summer. And having the clerkship will make you a stand-out candidate at OCI, thus giving you a better opportunity for a great 2L SA position.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:12 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:did you send in grades after you interviewed? or before you heard if you got an interview?

I got an interview, and in the same email they requested grades (I hadn't sent them yet).
Mind if I ask school range and when you applied? No interview here, but sent in grades.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:18 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

Mind if I ask school range and when you applied? No interview here, but sent in grades.
Sure---CCN. You can eliminate one of 'em based on location. Applied in the middle of January.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Feb 03, 2011 5:52 pm

Anonymous User wrote:

oh okay. i interviewed a few weeks ago over winter break, and they asked for undergrad grades. they never asked me for first semester, so i have not provided it (less than stellar unfortunately).

For the person who asked schools, I go to a top 10, with ties in NY though. Has anyone been told when decisions will be made? I was told that it would take about a month...which is quickly approaching.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Feb 03, 2011 6:05 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

oh okay. i interviewed a few weeks ago over winter break, and they asked for undergrad grades. they never asked me for first semester, so i have not provided it (less than stellar unfortunately).

For the person who asked schools, I go to a top 10, with ties in NY though. Has anyone been told when decisions will be made? I was told that it would take about a month...which is quickly approaching.

I'm the CCN'er (and OP). What was the interview like? Generalities will suffice if you're uncomfortable with getting specific.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Feb 03, 2011 6:31 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

I'm the CCN'er (and OP). What was the interview like? Generalities will suffice if you're uncomfortable with getting specific.
I met with the main guy in charge of the summer intern program, then with 3 attorneys (representing the different divisions), and then reconvened with the main guy again. It took about 2 hours in total. Despite the structure, the actual interviews were quite informal/conversational. Definitely go with questions to ask and be able to explain why you want to work there. Other than that, the interview appeared to be more a test of personality/fit.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Feb 16, 2011 4:25 pm

curious at to whether any of those interviewing have heard back yet, or when you were told you would hear back...thanks

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:20 pm

Anonymous User wrote:curious at to whether any of those interviewing have heard back yet, or when you were told you would hear back...thanks

Last week I was told that we would hear in a couple of weeks. So I'm guessing last week of feb/ 1st week of march.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”