Going part time at CCN and job prospects Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Going part time at CCN and job prospects

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:44 pm

I'm a 2L at CCN that is possibly will be going part time this semester due to some personal issues, and I wanted to know if anyone had experience w/ this and how it effects job search and prospects. I don't have a firm job this summer, most likely will be working for a state atty, so will be doing Fall OCI again. Appreciate any advice from those of you who have done this or know someone who did this. Thanks.

LjakW

Bronze

Re: Going part time at CCN and job prospects

Post by LjakW » Thu Jan 27, 2011 12:45 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I'm a 2L at CCN that is possibly will be going part time this semester due to some personal issues, and I wanted to know if anyone had experience w/ this and how it effects job search and prospects. I don't have a firm job this summer, most likely will be working for a state atty, so will be doing Fall OCI again. Appreciate any advice from those of you who have done this or know someone who did this. Thanks.
Just come out and say Chicago...

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Jan 28, 2011 5:22 pm

so you get to do 2L OCI again?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Jan 29, 2011 12:11 pm

OP: yes and no. Seems like have that option, but problem is on record w/ a lot of the firms that interviewed w/, none of which gave me callbacks. So not fully sure how this plays out in terms of job searching and OCI. Waiting to talk w/ faculty more about that, but was hoping some others in the forum had experience w/ these issues.

Renzo

Gold

Post by Renzo » Sat Jan 29, 2011 12:16 pm

Wait. You told firms about your "personal issue" in interviews?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

HarlandBassett

Bronze

Post by HarlandBassett » Sat Jan 29, 2011 1:36 pm

LjakW wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:I'm a 2L at CCN that is possibly will be going part time this semester due to some personal issues, and I wanted to know if anyone had experience w/ this and how it effects job search and prospects. I don't have a firm job this summer, most likely will be working for a state atty, so will be doing Fall OCI again. Appreciate any advice from those of you who have done this or know someone who did this. Thanks.
Just come out and say Chicago...
:D that's exactly what i was thinking

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Jan 29, 2011 4:36 pm

Renzo wrote:Wait. You told firms about your "personal issue" in interviews?
OP: Was unclear. This was a recent decision. What I meant was that I had interviewed at many firms at 2L OCI, so if I were to do it again, an issue is that these firms had already interviewed me before. There was no talk of personal issues or whatever. This is one of my concerns is how does OCI work? Do I try again as a "2L", where firms will see that I have already been around for 2 years; or do I interview as a 3L, even though may not be graduating for another 1.5 years?

thelawguy

New

Post by thelawguy » Mon Jan 31, 2011 5:36 pm

Bump: I too am very interested in the answer to this question. I was considering doing the same thing in hopes of landing an big firm job.

thelawguy

New

Post by thelawguy » Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:36 pm

any other input?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:36 pm

OP: Schools are restrictive of reasons for PT, and will specifically mention employment cannot be a reason. Must also realize that you have to pay extra, at least 1/4 semester more, which adds to your debt.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”