Tough Decision Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Tough Decision

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Jan 22, 2011 8:53 pm

I'm a 1L and I recently got an offer to work in a small government agency. The work seemed pretty interesting and the people seemed nice. However, I would have to make the decision about whether to accept the offer before I hear back from USAO which is my first choice. My grades were at the median at a lower T14. How much of an edge would working for the USAO be for 2L OCI/future employment.

Sup Kid

Silver

Re: Tough Decision

Post by Sup Kid » Sun Jan 23, 2011 12:03 am

So long as you are doing real legal work, and can later talk intelligently about what you did during interviews, firms really don't care where you worked over the summer. Also, you may be able to accept this job, then if you get USAO later split your summer. I was at a USAO this summer (one of the biggest offices) and quite a few interns split their summer (normally 8 weeks at USAO and 6 weeks elsewhere).

democrattotheend

Bronze

Re: Tough Decision

Post by democrattotheend » Sun Jan 30, 2011 9:55 pm

Did you already interview with the USAO? If so, have you tried calling them back and telling them you have another offer and need to make a decision?

Congrats on the offer, btw.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”