3.2ish, 1L at Duke, Ties to Indy and Cincy, Firm job? Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

3.2ish, 1L at Duke, Ties to Indy and Cincy, Firm job?

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Jan 13, 2011 12:52 pm

Am I competitive in cities like Indianapolis, Cincinnati, Dayton, Columbus, or even Cleveland?

Anonymous User

Re: 3.2ish, 1L at Duke, Ties to Indy and Cincy, Firm job?

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:07 pm

FWIW, Indy firms appear to be hiring a heck of a lot more 1L's than any firm in Chicago. Baker Daniels, Barnes & Thornburg usually take a good number. I'd think about Louisville too.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Jan 15, 2011 2:31 pm

Anonymous User wrote:FWIW, Indy firms appear to be hiring a heck of a lot more 1L's than any firm in Chicago. Baker Daniels, Barnes & Thornburg usually take a good number. I'd think about Louisville too.
You're obviously a summer starter, since no one else at Duke has grades. Unless you're guessing.

Certainly exploit your ties, but no one is a shoo-in for a 1L firm job.

Bosque

Gold

Post by Bosque » Sat Jan 15, 2011 5:20 pm

Remember to check over the list of where people worked last summer. See if anyone from my class worked in those cities, then go find and talk to them. And your fall grades are going to have a big impact on what kind of job you can get, so be sure to forward them on to firms as soon as you get them (especially if they are good).

ndirish2010

Gold

Post by ndirish2010 » Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:44 pm

That's good to hear about the Indy firms, I've applied to both (as well as the South Bend offices) as a 1L but not expecting much given the competitiveness of firm jobs on the whole. I'm at ND and a decent amount above the median, though not top 10%.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”