How does a 3L find a pre-clerkship summer associate position Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

How does a 3L find a pre-clerkship summer associate position

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Dec 28, 2010 3:01 pm

How can one find out what firms are hiring? Is such a position actually attainable ITE (my stats are great, but don't put me in an elite class).

Anonymous User

Re: How does a 3L find a pre-clerkship summer associate position

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Dec 28, 2010 7:05 pm

Anonymous User wrote:How can one find out what firms are hiring? Is such a position actually attainable ITE (my stats are great, but don't put me in an elite class).
There were 3 firms that actively recruited 3L pre-clerkships SAs this year (1-2 each). They were on roughly the same timeline for interviewing and hiring as 2L SAs (although I don't think Goodwin (DC) hired its one SA until nearly December).

If you are looking for a 3L SA because you don't have an offer from your 2L firm (or didn't get a 2L SA), you basically are just going to have to apply the fall before the last year of the clerkship, just like a 3L without a job all over again (i.e. you can only get a spot if there is still room left over after the firms hires from its 2L SA class). There are, however, a few firms that will make offers 2 years out (so now if you are only clerking for a year), but you really need to be an exceptional canidate that they really, really want for them to do that.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”