Contacting employers by mail or email? Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
acdisagod

Bronze

Contacting employers by mail or email?

Post by acdisagod » Wed Dec 22, 2010 2:11 pm

Does it make a big difference? E-mail is faster, letters seem more formal, more likely to get answered. I don't really know, any thoughts?

On an unrelated note, as a 1L should I be applying to federal magistrate judges as well? Do people usually do that?

dood

Gold

Re: Contacting employers by mail or email?

Post by dood » Thu Dec 23, 2010 3:10 am

Last edited by dood on Sat Dec 25, 2010 6:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Richie Tenenbaum

Gold

Re: Contacting employers by mail or email?

Post by Richie Tenenbaum » Thu Dec 23, 2010 3:44 am

dood wrote:yes to magistrate judges. but i suggest sending in 2 waves so u get district and appeals court interviews first and arent stuck with a magistrate internship. b/c it is common "courtesy" that u do not refuse a job offer from a federal judge...some expect u accept on the spot...not sure about magistrate judges, but i think to be safe, send first to appeals and district ct judges.
Don't a good amount of judges interview pretty late, like March, though? Wouldn't that pretty much nullify sending applications out in waves?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”