Trusts/Estates Partner Meeting Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Trusts/Estates Partner Meeting

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:17 pm

I have a meeting with an alum trusts/estates partner. What is particularly interesting about them that I can talk about?

Silver

Re: Trusts/Estates Partner Meeting

Post by 2807 » Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:26 pm

Lucky you. Major issues right now with Obama and congress. Read up quickly on the issue regarding the estate tax and its proposed changes.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:30 pm

2807 wrote:Lucky you. Major issues right now with Obama and congress. Read up quickly on the issue regarding the estate tax and its proposed changes.
Thanks! It is not an interview I think but I will definitely need to talk.

ruski

Bronze

Post by ruski » Mon Dec 13, 2010 10:36 pm

supposedly t&e is the most chill group out there in terms of hours and stress, but one of toughest to crack. just a thought. if u find u enjoy the type of work he does it would be great to pursue it.

vamedic03

Gold

Post by vamedic03 » Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:06 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I have a meeting with an alum trusts/estates partner. What is particularly interesting about them that I can talk about?
If this is an informational interview, then use it to find out about T&E. Ask what he does on a daily basis. Ask him what sort of things that his junior associates and midlevel associates do. Ask him what he would recommend you do and what classes he would recommend to prepare for T&E. The most important thing is to show that you're interested in what he says - don't try to go in there and act like you know the first thing about T&E.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

LjakW

Bronze

Post by LjakW » Tue Dec 14, 2010 10:19 am

Ten bucks says he will call himself an amateur psychologist/therapist. T&E people are always going on about that.
(I know OP didn't specify gender, but we all know the odds...)

ruski

Bronze

Post by ruski » Tue Dec 14, 2010 3:06 pm

LjakW wrote:Ten bucks says he will call himself an amateur psychologist/therapist. T&E people are always going on about that.
weird. i've always been told it is filled with women.

LjakW

Bronze

Post by LjakW » Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:35 pm

ruski wrote:
LjakW wrote:Ten bucks says he will call himself an amateur psychologist/therapist. T&E people are always going on about that.
weird. i've always been told it is filled with women.
To be honest, I don't know that much about T&E, only made my wager based on the sampling of three separate T&E lawyers I met who all made a similar comment. Re women partners, I was just talking about the partnership ranks in law firms generally.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”