Firms Requiring Official Transcripts? Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Firms Requiring Official Transcripts?

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Oct 28, 2010 2:41 pm

Anyone hear of any firms besides DPW requiring official transcripts after an offer? The rest of the V15?

gulcregret

Bronze

Re: Firms Requiring Official Transcripts?

Post by gulcregret » Thu Oct 28, 2010 4:30 pm

Bump.

Diamond

Post by 20160810 » Thu Oct 28, 2010 4:59 pm

The only reason I can imagine this question mattering to you is if you plan to falsify your unofficial transcript, in which case I will lol my ass off when you get character and fitness pwnt.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Oct 28, 2010 5:25 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Anyone hear of any firms besides DPW requiring official transcripts after an offer? The rest of the V15?
non V15 vault firm required mine before I even got an offer.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:13 am

One could doctor official or unofficial transcripts, unofficial would be easier though.

Our schools gives a few official ones out for free, but since I am looking at Gov't mostly, they always ask for official (in my experience). I've been asked for my limit already by agencies, and the White House. It's not that important, I was just curious about what firms might ask for them. I didn't apply to any top firms, mostly just regional, small law with focused policy groups, but I wondered about some of the more selective firms, if they would want to verify candidates grades or if they (like Sidley and that story on ATL) just trust students not to falsify records.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

KMaine

Silver

Post by KMaine » Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:25 am

SBL wrote:The only reason I can imagine this question mattering to you is if you plan to falsify your unofficial transcript, in which case I will lol my ass off when you get character and fitness pwnt.
Not very compassionate.

martha_c

New

Post by martha_c » Fri Oct 29, 2010 6:04 pm

What about official undergraduate transcripts? Or is that totally irrelevant?

martha_c

New

Post by martha_c » Fri Oct 29, 2010 6:11 pm

G. T. L. Rev. wrote:
martha_c wrote:totally irrelevant
Yep
I don't have anything to hide, but I did do my undergraduate degree abroad, and getting the official transcript is an incredibly painful process - when I was applying to law schools, it involved giving someone power of attorney to request it since I couldn't be there in person. My offer letter mentioned official transcript but I am assuming they mean law school.

Diamond

Post by 20160810 » Fri Oct 29, 2010 7:29 pm

martha_c wrote:
G. T. L. Rev. wrote:
martha_c wrote:totally irrelevant
Yep
I don't have anything to hide, but I did do my undergraduate degree abroad, and getting the official transcript is an incredibly painful process - when I was applying to law schools, it involved giving someone power of attorney to request it since I couldn't be there in person. My offer letter mentioned official transcript but I am assuming they mean law school.
Of the ~25 firms I interviewed with, only 1 requested an UG transcript, and they were fine with an unofficial copy. This is a very, very uncommon practice.

Kohinoor

Gold

Post by Kohinoor » Fri Oct 29, 2010 8:17 pm

SBL wrote:The only reason I can imagine this question mattering to you is if you plan to falsify your unofficial transcript, in which case I will lol my ass off when you get character and fitness pwnt.
Unofficial transcripts are free! Our officials are like 10 bucks a piece.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”