DOJ SLIP Background Check Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

DOJ SLIP Background Check

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Oct 27, 2010 12:01 pm

Anyone know anything about it? The only thing I am worried is that I have never files income taxes. Do you think that will be a problem? I went to LS straight from UG.

Tanicius

Gold

Re: DOJ SLIP Background Check

Post by Tanicius » Wed Oct 27, 2010 12:39 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Anyone know anything about it? The only thing I am worried is that I have never files income taxes. Do you think that will be a problem? I went to LS straight from UG.
Why would that be a problem? :?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Oct 27, 2010 1:36 pm

When I got my offer they told me to expect contact in November. It's a name/fingerprint check with the FBI and a review of some questionnaire they ask you, as well as a drug test. They said the most common reasons why offers were revoked (though they said that the actual revocation of offers was unfortunate and rare) are drug tests failures, failure to comply with income tax obligations, and serious credit problems.

They also have a hotline you can call anonymously to discuss any potential problems you are worried about.

As far as the tax thing, it's the failure to comply with obligations, not just failure to pay income taxes. If you never worked full time and were always claimed as a dependent (which is likely if you went straight through) I think you will be fine.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Oct 27, 2010 1:59 pm

Anonymous User wrote:When I got my offer they told me to expect contact in November. It's a name/fingerprint check with the FBI and a review of some questionnaire they ask you, as well as a drug test. They said the most common reasons why offers were revoked (though they said that the actual revocation of offers was unfortunate and rare) are drug tests failures, failure to comply with income tax obligations, and serious credit problems.

They also have a hotline you can call anonymously to discuss any potential problems you are worried about.

As far as the tax thing, it's the failure to comply with obligations, not just failure to pay income taxes. If you never worked full time and were always claimed as a dependent (which is likely if you went straight through) I think you will be fine.
Oh ok I think i am ok then.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”