Anyone else still waiting to hear back from firms? Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Re: Anyone else still waiting to hear back from firms?

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Oct 22, 2010 2:52 pm

There is still some action. I got my only V100 offer this week after being pretty much rejected immediately from my other callbacks.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Oct 26, 2010 4:48 pm

Anyone still waiting? I now have one firm left to hear from...

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Oct 26, 2010 5:03 pm

waiting on 4 and i know i'm still active at all. i feel like i am everybody's last choice.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Oct 26, 2010 5:13 pm

Anonymous User wrote:waiting on 4 and i know i'm still active at all. i feel like i am everybody's last choice.
four! your chances are pretty good then

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Oct 26, 2010 5:15 pm

Last edited by Anonymous User on Tue Oct 26, 2010 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Oct 26, 2010 5:17 pm

Still waiting here too.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Oct 26, 2010 5:17 pm

Hmm. I wonder how long the hold list is at most firms.
It most likely varies by firms, but if I had to guess, it would be about 2:1 ratio (2 waitlists per spot).

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:13 pm

Still waiting on a cb given two weeks ago. I feel like if they were still interviewing at that point, there can't be anybody left to call back who hasn't accepted other offers already. Of course with my luck they'll hate me enough to dip into the thousands of mass mailings they probably have.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:40 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Still waiting on a cb given two weeks ago. I feel like if they were still interviewing at that point, there can't be anybody left to call back who hasn't accepted other offers already. Of course with my luck they'll hate me enough to dip into the thousands of mass mailings they probably have.
I felt the same way. Before I got my offer, I was so stressed out that I would wonder if the interviewers disliked me so much that they would decide not to have a summer class at all.
Last edited by Anonymous User on Tue Oct 26, 2010 9:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:43 pm

I'm still waiting on one from a CB last week and going on another CB this week.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Oct 26, 2010 9:37 pm

Anonymous User wrote:waiting on 4 and i know i'm still active at all. i feel like i am everybody's last choice.
Same exact situation here. I definitely feel like the last puppy at the pound.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Oct 26, 2010 9:59 pm

I was on hold for about a month, and I called the recruiter at my top choice. They basically were really upfront about it and told me exactly what they were waiting on. They called me with an offer about 2 weeks later- and specifically mentioned that I had said I would accept right away. So, I don't think it hurts to call and check in (and convince them you'd take it.)

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Oct 26, 2010 10:55 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I was on hold for about a month, and I called the recruiter at my top choice. They basically were really upfront about it and told me exactly what they were waiting on. They called me with an offer about 2 weeks later- and specifically mentioned that I had said I would accept right away. So, I don't think it hurts to call and check in (and convince them you'd take it.)
Here's hoping. How big or small was the firm's summer class?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Oct 27, 2010 6:34 am

I was on hold for about a month, and I called the recruiter at my top choice. They basically were really upfront about it and told me exactly what they were waiting on. They called me with an offer about 2 weeks later- and specifically mentioned that I had said I would accept right away. So, I don't think it hurts to call and check in (and convince them you'd take it.)

What did you say when you called? I've also been on hold for a month but have no clue what I'd even say if I tried to call the firm at this point

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Oct 27, 2010 3:51 pm

Just got rejected from the one remaining firm. Officially struck out. Don't know what I should be doing now...

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Oct 27, 2010 4:21 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
four! your chances are pretty good then
tell that to the other 7 firms that rejected me

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Oct 27, 2010 4:59 pm

Still waiting on one firm. Six weeks now. Know of rejections and offers there nearly a month ago. Have emailed and called recruiter to no response. Fantastic.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Oct 27, 2010 5:15 pm

Gauging my eyes out. I've been patient up until now, but I've reached the breaking point and am angry.

that is all.

Noval

Bronze

Post by Noval » Wed Oct 27, 2010 6:43 pm

Keep your heads up guys, it's absolutely important to be persistent.

It took me 1.5 month to get an answer because the slut who was administrating the records lost of them, i called them like 1.5 month after and the Partner remembered me, reviewed everything himself and i got the job at McCarthy & Tetrault.

If you get rejected, keep applying, Firms love motivation, i know many, many friends who got an offer after applying 3-6 times to the same firm.

JazzOne

Gold

Post by JazzOne » Wed Oct 27, 2010 6:50 pm

Noval wrote:Keep your heads up guys, it's absolutely important to be persistent.

It took me 1.5 month to get an answer because the slut who was administrating the records lost of them, i called them like 1.5 month after and the Partner remembered me, reviewed everything himself and i got the job at McCarthy & Tetrault.

If you get rejected, keep applying, Firms love motivation, i know many, many friends who got an offer after applying 3-6 times to the same firm.
Quoted for posterity. Good luck!

pasteurizedmilk

Bronze

Post by pasteurizedmilk » Wed Oct 27, 2010 7:47 pm

Noval wrote:Keep your heads up guys, it's absolutely important to be persistent.

You just outed yourself and called an employee who works there a "slut."

Not smart.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:06 pm

Still waiting on 3 firms, got another firm screening interview this week. No offers. Hang in there everyone.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:08 pm

E-mailing hiring partner now...

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:21 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Still waiting on 3 firms, got another firm screening interview this week. No offers. Hang in there everyone.
Really? Mind sharing which market? It seemed like all the major market firms were wrapping up.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:25 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Still waiting on 3 firms, got another firm screening interview this week. No offers. Hang in there everyone.
Really? Mind sharing which market? It seemed like all the major market firms were wrapping up.
I'm not the same poster you quoted, but I had a screening interview last week with a Dallas firm, and I have a call-back this week with a small Austin firm. The big firms seem to have wrapped it all up, but there are a few stragglers scraping the bottom of the law review rungs.
Last edited by Anonymous User on Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:29 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”