Do firms respond to... Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Do firms respond to...

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Oct 15, 2010 2:37 pm

E-mails about the status of your application? I e-mailed the recruiter at a firm a couple of days ago and still nothing. Should I assume they sent a ding via snail mail already and the recruiter didn't want to deal with the unpleasantness of dinging me personally via e-mail?

reasonable_man

Gold

Re: Do firms respond to...

Post by reasonable_man » Fri Oct 15, 2010 2:48 pm

Oh lord I hope you sent a letter that said: "Just wanted to let you know how great it was to meet you and how interested I am" as opposed to "So, did you make up your f%^*$%^ mind already?"

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Oct 15, 2010 2:59 pm

reasonable_man wrote:Oh lord I hope you sent a letter that said: "Just wanted to let you know how great it was to meet you and how interested I am" as opposed to "So, did you make up your f%^*$%^ mind already?"
I said I want to (1) check the status of my app, and (2) reiterate my interest in the firm. Bad?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Oct 15, 2010 3:01 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
reasonable_man wrote:Oh lord I hope you sent a letter that said: "Just wanted to let you know how great it was to meet you and how interested I am" as opposed to "So, did you make up your f%^*$%^ mind already?"
I said I want to (1) check the status of my app, and (2) reiterate my interest in the firm. Bad?
Not bad. I have done the same. Might be that the letter is in the mail already, but it also might be that you are on hold and they don't have anything definitive to tell you.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Oct 15, 2010 3:04 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Not bad. I have done the same. Might be that the letter is in the mail already, but it also might be that you are on hold and they don't have anything definitive to tell you.
Thanks. The above poster has me a bit frightened because I made my e-mail sound like the first thing he/she said, but I really was getting at the second...which I assume is pretty obvious to any recruiter with two brain cells.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Dr. Van Nostrand

Bronze

Post by Dr. Van Nostrand » Fri Oct 15, 2010 3:25 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Thanks. The above poster has me a bit frightened because I made my e-mail sound like the first thing he/she said, but I really was getting at the second...which I assume is pretty obvious to any recruiter with two brain cells.
Don't spend time worrying about it. They have done this dance before, know what you are going to, etc. As long as you were very polite and reiterated your interest I really wouldn't worry about it.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Oct 15, 2010 3:44 pm

I wouldn't do this until next week, but as a general note, I've found that it was better to call than email.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Oct 15, 2010 4:05 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I wouldn't do this until next week, but as a general note, I've found that it was better to call than email.
I've done this, they never pick up the phone. Is a voicemail better than email?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Oct 15, 2010 4:13 pm

When I called they said no decision had been made but that when one has, I'd be the first to know. An hour later, a ding letter showed up in my mailbox signed by the recruiting manager I had just talked to. Liar.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Oct 15, 2010 8:12 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I wouldn't do this until next week, but as a general note, I've found that it was better to call than email.
Hate to go lawyery on you, but please definite "better."

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Oct 15, 2010 10:22 pm

Should I be worried that they haven't gotten back to me or is this semi-typical?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Oct 16, 2010 11:29 am

Anonymous User wrote:Should I be worried that they haven't gotten back to me or is this semi-typical?
I don't know if it's typical, but just anecdotally this seems normal. I sent the same kind of checking in/ reiterating my interest email to my top choice firm over 2 weeks ago, and never received a reply. But still, no ding in my mailbox, and there has been plenty of time for one to arrive. You're probably just buried in the recruiter's full in-box, I wouldn't worry about it. Good luck!

TheFriendlyBarber

Bronze

Post by TheFriendlyBarber » Sat Oct 16, 2010 12:31 pm

Anonymous User wrote:When I called they said no decision had been made but that when one has, I'd be the first to know. An hour later, a ding letter showed up in my mailbox signed by the recruiting manager I had just talked to. Liar.
LOL!

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”