How to withdraw from "decision-to-be-rendered" firms? Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

How to withdraw from "decision-to-be-rendered" firms?

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Oct 04, 2010 2:22 am

Do you call recruiting or write an email? Also, what if a rejection is on the way via snail mail? ...Should I preface my call with "Maybe I've been rejected, but..."

KamaalTheAbstract

Bronze

Re: How to withdraw from "decision-to-be-rendered" firms?

Post by KamaalTheAbstract » Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:54 am

Anonymous User wrote:Do you call recruiting or write an email? Also, what if a rejection is on the way via snail mail? ...Should I preface my call with "Maybe I've been rejected, but..."
This is getting ridiculous.

bobjr

New

Post by bobjr » Mon Oct 04, 2010 9:44 am

seriosuly? why do you need to ask about this online? just call the recruiting chick and tell her you are no longer interested. who gives a fuck if they don't like the way you reject them?

romothesavior

Diamond

Post by romothesavior » Mon Oct 04, 2010 9:45 am

KamaalTheAbstract wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Do you call recruiting or write an email? Also, what if a rejection is on the way via snail mail? ...Should I preface my call with "Maybe I've been rejected, but..."
This is getting ridiculous.

Cavalier

Gold

Post by Cavalier » Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:43 am

Call the recruiter and say "Hi, my name is _____, I interviewed at your firm _ weeks ago. I'm calling to withdraw myself from consideration." "Awwww, I'm sorry to hear that. Which firm did you accept at?" "_____ & _____." "Oh OK, well thanks for letting us know." "Thank you. Bye."

Prefacing with "you may have rejected me already" is stupid. It makes no difference or not whether a rejection letter is on the way.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Kohinoor

Gold

Post by Kohinoor » Mon Oct 04, 2010 11:21 am

It is considered a HUGE faux pas to decline a firm that rejected you already. They may just call you and tell you to drop dead but there is a very real possibility that they add you to a biglaw black list and ensure you never work at ANY firm.

aph

New

Post by aph » Mon Oct 04, 2010 4:20 pm

Last edited by aph on Fri Oct 08, 2010 9:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

daisyduck

New

Post by daisyduck » Mon Oct 04, 2010 4:44 pm

Kohinoor wrote:
It is considered a HUGE faux pas to decline a firm that rejected you already. They may just call you and tell you to drop dead but there is a very real possibility that they add you to a biglaw black list and ensure you never work at ANY firm.
Was that really necessary? I've been coming to the forum pretty regularly these days to get updates on firms, and you always seem to post sarcastic comments that doesn't help anyone. People come here to exchange information on a pretty important part of their lives and it would be nice if people like you could be regulated.

bobjr

New

Post by bobjr » Mon Oct 04, 2010 4:48 pm

daisyduck wrote:
Kohinoor wrote:
Was that really necessary? I've been coming to the forum pretty regularly these days to get updates on firms, and you always seem to post sarcastic comments that doesn't help anyone. People come here to exchange information on a pretty important part of their lives and it would be nice if people like you could be regulated.
His sarcasm was obvious. I think it is people like you who should be banned from this board.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

KamaalTheAbstract

Bronze

Post by KamaalTheAbstract » Mon Oct 04, 2010 4:55 pm

What kind of adult would need help with this.

daisyduck

New

Post by daisyduck » Mon Oct 04, 2010 4:57 pm

bobjr wrote:
daisyduck wrote:
Kohinoor wrote:
His sarcasm was obvious. I think it is people like you who should be banned from this board.
No sh*t the sarcasm was obvious. My point was that it was not necessary.

yellowjacket2012

Bronze

Post by yellowjacket2012 » Mon Oct 04, 2010 5:05 pm

Last edited by yellowjacket2012 on Tue Oct 05, 2010 3:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

bobjr

New

Post by bobjr » Mon Oct 04, 2010 5:09 pm

daisyduck wrote:No sh*t the sarcasm was obvious. My point was that it was not necessary.
Grow thicker skin? If you want nothing but positive reenforcement, go hang out with your dog.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”