What questions are you going to ask before you accept? Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
180orbust

New

What questions are you going to ask before you accept?

Post by 180orbust » Mon Oct 04, 2010 12:22 am

What are the most important questions to ask, and to whom should I ask these questions? Pretty sure I know enough to be confident about accepting, but I wanted to make sure there weren't any important questions or people I should talk to that hadn't occurred to me.

Should I be asking detailed questions about billing requirements, bonuses, evaluations?

Pablo Ramirez

Bronze

Re: What questions are you going to ask before you accept?

Post by Pablo Ramirez » Mon Oct 04, 2010 12:26 am

180orbust wrote:What are the most important questions to ask, and to whom should I ask these questions? Pretty sure I know enough to be confident about accepting, but I wanted to make sure there weren't any important questions or people I should talk to that hadn't occurred to me.

Should I be asking detailed questions about billing requirements, bonuses, evaluations?
Life is too short to just "know enough." If I merely wanted to "know enough" in the service industry, I'd still be busing tables with dirty dishtowels and scratching dirt off of partially washed dishes with my fingernails. This is the big leagues, and the stakes are too high just to "know enough."

A simple set of questions does not even come close to the deep shit I'm trying to drop on here.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Oct 04, 2010 12:30 am

180orbust wrote:What are the most important questions to ask, and to whom should I ask these questions? Pretty sure I know enough to be confident about accepting, but I wanted to make sure there weren't any important questions or people I should talk to that hadn't occurred to me.

The only questions I asked:
1. Is there a gym in the building?
2. Is it accessible 24/7?
3. Does it have a bench press?

After the firm answered the above three questions in the affirmative, I accepted. True story.

IzziesGal

Silver

Post by IzziesGal » Mon Oct 04, 2010 12:34 am

Pablo Ramirez wrote:

Life is too short to just "know enough." If I merely wanted to "know enough" in the service industry, I'd still be busing tables with dirty dishtowels and scratching dirt off of partially washed dishes with my fingernails. This is the big leagues, and the stakes are too high just to "know enough."

A simple set of questions does not even come close to the deep shit I'm trying to drop on here.
Hahahahaha. Well played, Pablo. Well played.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”