Seeking 3Ls with post-2L-OCI-strikeout-success Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
lawschoollll

Bronze

Re: Seeking 3Ls with post-2L-OCI-strikeout-success

Post by lawschoollll » Wed Oct 06, 2010 10:17 am

Merriweather wrote:
Tsispilos wrote:
Merriweather wrote:lol at the fawning over 60k a year jobs. you sure didn't consider this success when you entered LS, and you shouldn't now. i have a V100 offer and i'm pretty fucking thankful for that, but if i didn't and snagged some shitlaw steve job, i sure as fuck wouldn't suddenly think this was awesome.

LIFE FAIL
edit: quoted to maintain permanent proof that Merriweather is a douchebag.
u mad?

i stand by it. if i get double-dip pwned and my offer rescinded, and i manage to scrape some shit job in bumfuck flyover nation, i'm not going to shout from the rooftops that this is what i always wanted. HTH
lol xo moniker?

Merriweather

Bronze

Post by Merriweather » Wed Oct 06, 2010 10:51 am

lawschoollll wrote:
Merriweather wrote:
Tsispilos wrote:
Merriweather wrote:lol at the fawning over 60k a year jobs. you sure didn't consider this success when you entered LS, and you shouldn't now. i have a V100 offer and i'm pretty fucking thankful for that, but if i didn't and snagged some shitlaw steve job, i sure as fuck wouldn't suddenly think this was awesome.

LIFE FAIL
u mad?

i stand by it. if i get double-dip pwned and my offer rescinded, and i manage to scrape some shit job in bumfuck flyover nation, i'm not going to shout from the rooftops that this is what i always wanted. HTH
lol xo moniker?
what's xo man

XxSpyKEx

Gold

Post by XxSpyKEx » Wed Oct 06, 2010 3:14 pm

Merriweather wrote:
Tsispilos wrote:

LIFE FAIL
u mad?

QFT

stinger35

Silver

Post by stinger35 » Wed Oct 06, 2010 10:04 pm

This thread had some serious potential for people without offers before turning into autoadmit.

Cavalier

Gold

Post by Cavalier » Wed Oct 06, 2010 10:13 pm

stinger35 wrote:This thread had some serious potential for people without offers before turning into autoadmit.
lol u beta

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

2LLLL

Bronze

Post by 2LLLL » Wed Oct 06, 2010 11:17 pm

Yeah surviving =/= success

I don't have an offer yet (still have CBs pending) but if I end up with a 60k job I'll be happy to be employed but I'll regard law school as a failed investment

Merriweather

Bronze

Post by Merriweather » Wed Oct 06, 2010 11:30 pm

stinger35 wrote:This thread had some serious potential for people without offers before turning into autoadmit.
I'll bring something useful to the table for you.

of the large number of people without offers at my school (t10, spanning below median to above 3.6 1L year)... none of them have had any luck, including in shitlaw. one is probably going to work at the same finance geared job he had...before he started law school. the rest of them have struck out, including in regional markets.

unless that's "autoadmit" too, in which case "autoadmit" means "what's really going on."

2LLLL wrote:Yeah surviving =/= success

I don't have an offer yet (still have CBs pending) but if I end up with a 60k job I'll be happy to be employed but I'll regard law school as a failed investment
this is what i was getting at. i'd feel the same.

Carnival1860

New

Post by Carnival1860 » Thu Oct 07, 2010 2:05 pm

2LLLL wrote:Yeah surviving =/= success

+1

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”