Weil NY v. Orrick v. Fried v. Alston Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.

Weil v. Orrick v. Fried v. Alston

Weil Gotshal
59%
Orrick Herrington
14%
Fried Frank
14%
Alston + Bird
14%

Total votes: 22

Anonymous User

Weil NY v. Orrick v. Fried v. Alston

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Sep 25, 2010 3:56 pm

Ok, told myself I wasn't going to make one of these, but I'm having a tough time deciding and people don't seem to mind answering anyway. Prestige doesn't matter too much to me. QOL is really the big consideration for me, but I realize there might not be too much variance in that across these firms. Interested generally in doing litigation, probably just commercial/securities that kind of thing. These are all the NY offices, by the way, and for whatever reason I tentatively have a gut instinct pulling me towards Orrick. Thanks in advance!

Anonymous User

Re: Weil NY v. Orrick v. Fried v. Alston

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Sep 25, 2010 6:39 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Ok, told myself I wasn't going to make one of these, but I'm having a tough time deciding and people don't seem to mind answering anyway. Prestige doesn't matter too much to me. QOL is really the big consideration for me, but I realize there might not be too much variance in that across these firms. Interested generally in doing litigation, probably just commercial/securities that kind of thing. These are all the NY offices, by the way, and for whatever reason I tentatively have a gut instinct pulling me towards Orrick. Thanks in advance!
Weil and Fried have very different leverage than Orrick and Alston, as well as very different office sizes.

IzziesGal

Silver

Post by IzziesGal » Sun Sep 26, 2010 2:32 pm

If you have a gut feeling pulling you towards Orrick, then I think you have your answer. :D It's easy to lose sight of where we felt the happiest/where we felt good walking through the halls when we start reading all the hype and craziness on these boards. Don't second guess yourself - you will drive yourself insane.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Sep 26, 2010 3:34 pm

Weil. I don't think is even close. Anon because I have an offer from Orrick, and as much as I like them, if I had Weil, I would choose them instead without a second thought.

matty

Bronze

Post by matty » Sun Sep 26, 2010 3:56 pm

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Sep 26, 2010 3:58 pm

Thanks for the input guys. Weil is head and shoulders above the rest of them in terms of prestige, so from that angle it's an easy choice. Any other obvious reasons to choose them that I'm missing?
(Oh, and if we were going just on the summer program, FF would be the clear winner. The opportunity for short-term stays in their foreign offices is awesome. But of course, I'm trying to make considerations beyond just the summer program).

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”