Fordham Law NYC Offer tracker Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Fordham Law NYC Offer tracker

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Sep 20, 2010 3:19 pm

Anyone from Fordham had any luck with offers from V10 firms?
V50?

Anonymous User

Re: Fordham Law NYC Offer tracker

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:18 pm

0 for 8 on callbacks so far.

Anyone heard from orrick, or bingham?

I've heard from others that maybe some firms are waiting to interview all fordham people before making a choice. Does that sound right?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:19 pm

104 views, one reply. Feels like my interview schedule.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:21 pm

dewey (7 business days) and proskauer (also 7), still waiting to hear anything from the rest
Last edited by Anonymous User on Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:23 pm

rejected from K and S (10 business days), accepted at Proskauer NY (7 business days)

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:37 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Anyone from Fordham had any luck with offers from V10 firms?
V50?
um, yes. I have multiple friends (on law review, obviously) with v10 offers and many, many more with v50.

sky-is-falling threads like this are why people think Fordham is doing worse than it is ITE.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:45 pm

Which V10?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:56 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Anyone from Fordham had any luck with offers from V10 firms?
V50?
um, yes. I have multiple friends (on law review, obviously) with v10 offers and many, many more with v50.

sky-is-falling threads like this are why people think Fordham is doing worse than it is ITE.
Is the sky falling? Just trying to get info...

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:16 am

The sky IS falling...

Law Review have Vault Top 10 offers -- whoopie!!

As if that's unexpected. The Sky is falling when kids outside the top 10% and kids in the top 33% have between 1-4 callbacks (I know of no one in top 33 with more than 3) and the chances of landing an offer seem slim...

So yeah, I think the sky is falling. Eff it, it's fallen.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Sep 21, 2010 8:14 am

Anonymous User wrote:The sky IS falling...

As if that's unexpected. The Sky is falling when kids outside the top 10% and kids in the top 33% have between 1-4 callbacks (I know of no one in top 33 with more than 3) and the chances of landing an offer seem slim...

I'm in top third and had more than 5 cbs. good WE. The sky isn't falling just because kids who didn't do that well aren't getting offers. If median at lower T14 schools are having a hard time, it's unrealistic that a third of Fordham would be getting offers.

Fwiw, I heard the CPC offer tracker shows 80 kids had offers last year through OCI. I personally know of at least two who got law firm jobs outside of OCI. So I don't particularly trust the 80 number (I don't know the source) but if it's true, then it's still close to 20% in last year's horrible economy that got firm jobs.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Sep 21, 2010 8:43 am

Would it be possible for this to be a forum listing where people had callbacks, if they got offers and how long it took?

Has anyone received an offer more than two weeks after their callback?

thanks

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Sep 21, 2010 10:07 am

Anonymous User wrote:Would it be possible for this to be a forum listing where people had callbacks, if they got offers and how long it took?

Has anyone received an offer more than two weeks after their callback?

thanks
This has the potential to out people quickly. I certainly don't want to list where/when my callbacks and offers were. Why don't you just ask about specific firms if you're curious?

Cadwalader took over two weeks.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Sep 21, 2010 11:16 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:The sky IS falling...

I'm in top third and had more than 5 cbs. good WE. The sky isn't falling just because kids who didn't do that well aren't getting offers. If median at lower T14 schools are having a hard time, it's unrealistic that a third of Fordham would be getting offers.

Fwiw, I heard the CPC offer tracker shows 80 kids had offers last year through OCI. I personally know of at least two who got law firm jobs outside of OCI. So I don't particularly trust the 80 number (I don't know the source) but if it's true, then it's still close to 20% in last year's horrible economy that got firm jobs.

The problem with the 20% figure (I also was told this by CPC) is 1) I don't believe it and 2) A lot of that is kids getting patent jobs

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Sep 21, 2010 11:21 am

not meant to be snarky at all, but is 20% supposed to be a good thing? cuz if it is, that is effing depressing...

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Sep 21, 2010 11:40 am

From what I understand, only about 5 people got patent jobs last year from OCI. There are patent agents in the PT program who already work in the field and didn't need EIW.

I believe the 20% figure. It's not high but LR has about 60 (more than 10% of our class), then there are kids in the top 10% who aren't LR, and add in a lucky handful who have connections or significant work experience or some other factor that pulled them through. I agree with the above poster that 20% isn't a good thing, but since ITE and a class of 500, 100 people getting firm jobs is not terrible.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:03 pm

Anonymous User wrote:From what I understand, only about 5 people got patent jobs last year from OCI. There are patent agents in the PT program who already work in the field and didn't need EIW.

I believe the 20% figure. It's not high but LR has about 60 (more than 10% of our class), then there are kids in the top 10% who aren't LR, and add in a lucky handful who have connections or significant work experience or some other factor that pulled them through. I agree with the above poster that 20% isn't a good thing, but since ITE and a class of 500, 100 people getting firm jobs is not terrible.
Maybe, but how many of us would have signed up if we knew or were informed that we only had a 20% chance of a decent salary?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:07 pm

apologies for vagueness but for what it's worth:

top 15%/secondary journal/no we
5+ cb's
2 offers (1 V40-50/ 1 V75-100)

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:19 pm

Anonymous User wrote: Maybe, but how many of us would have signed up if we knew or were informed that we only had a 20% chance of a decent salary?
Our class can't really use the I-had-no-idea-the-economy-would-tank argument, that's more for the 2011 class. I get your point, but I think that lack of information could have been cured by carefully thinking about the decision to go to law school in the first place. I've been on TLS for over two years now and I remember people saying that Fordham is a horrible choice and even 1/3 would be lucky to get a job. Obviously, I still enrolled, but I did really weigh my options. For me personally, I might still be at my crappy dead end job that I was at before LS so I guess I just don't particularly care for a "decent salary" when I had that but wasn't content. I'm still excited about getting my law degree. For those that have lost their enthusiasm just because they're not going to make 160k when they graduate, I sincerely doubt whether they were in LS for the right reasons to begin with.

PS congrats to the poster with two offers!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Sep 21, 2010 3:01 pm

Last edited by Anonymous User on Tue Sep 21, 2010 3:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Sep 21, 2010 3:19 pm

Anyone heard back from Orrick or Baker Botts, or know someone who has?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Sep 21, 2010 4:23 pm

Congrats to the person with two offers! By my informal survey of classmates, many (but not all) in the top third had at least one CB. I am above top quarter and on a good journal and did not, but my situation is extremely unusual. (Most people in a similar position seem to be going merrily about callbacks.) I wound up with an in house internship for the school year (related to my former field.) There is good stuff out there, and missing the biglaw boat is not the end of the world, even for those of us who borrowed a lot. We can't say we didn't know, and in my case I can't say I didn't know what firms would likely think of my background, but Fordham gave me a great chance and I am happy I chose this school.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

legends159

Silver

Post by legends159 » Tue Sep 21, 2010 5:43 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:From what I understand, only about 5 people got patent jobs last year from OCI. There are patent agents in the PT program who already work in the field and didn't need EIW.

Maybe, but how many of us would have signed up if we knew or were informed that we only had a 20% chance of a decent salary?
ask all the eager 0Ls. Isn't admission up across the board?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Sep 21, 2010 10:23 pm

Those 20% #s also count the BS firms that come from White Plains, and the public interest stuff as well. I'd imagine that of the Big Law top jobs at best it was 15% last year.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Sep 22, 2010 7:25 am

Anonymous User wrote:apologies for vagueness but for what it's worth:

top 15%/secondary journal/no we
5+ cb's
2 offers (1 V40-50/ 1 V75-100)
thank you. I think listing info like this will make this thread helpful for 0/1ls

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Sep 22, 2010 6:57 pm

These numbers are grim. Did anyone attend the Dean's lecture about the job situation? What was said?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”